Enjoy the benefits of a car without the expense and stress of ownership
At only $9.50 an hour, including gas and insurance, grocery shop or pick up that item from Craigslist without breaking your budget. And once you park it, you’re done! No oil changes, mechanics, new tires, parking permits, insurance bills or car payments. Only $15 membership for the first year.
How do I Zip?
- Create your account online
- Receive your Zipcard in the mail
- Book by the hour or day via the app
- Zip around and then return your ride
Do I have to be 25 years old?
- Nope, drivers must be 18 and have had their driver license for at least a year.
- Driver licenses from other countries are OK too
Is Zipcar only at U of I?
- Zipcars live in cities, airports, and on campuses around the world. Your Zipcard unlocks ‘em all for 24/7 access to clean, comfy rides.
What if I want to Zip longer than an hour or two?
- Book your Zipcar by the day and save on the hourly rate!