UPDATE: Gotcha is scheduled to launch Spring 2020
Initially, 50 eBikes will be distributed among ten hubs on campus and downtown. Students, staff and faculty receive 30 minutes of free ride time every day. It’s only $.10/minute thereafter.
How do I ride?
- Download the app and create your account
- Unlock a bike with the app
- When you're done, park at a hub and end your ride
How far can I go?
- Our service area is currently bounded by the Moscow city limits, which includes the U of I campus
- Future plans are to expand to Troy, Pullman and potentially beyond
- More bikes, scooters, electric ride share and trikes
What is Gotcha about?
- One mission: empowering people to lead better lives through sustainable shared mobility. When you ride with Gotcha, you ride with a fierce group of advocates who make your experience fun, easy, safe and dependable.
What prevents bike parking chaos?
- Proactive communication to rider via app identifying nearby hub
- Fine for parking outside a hub and ending ride
- Credits for riders initiating ride with bike parked outside hub and ending ride with bike parked at hub
- Ride cannot be ended on app outside service area
- Proactive communications / warnings
- Larger fine
- Bikes may be pedaled beyond 20 mph but electric motor will not assist beyond that speed
- Riders must be 16 years old
- Account holders must be 18 years old with a credit/debit card
How much does the entire program cost?
- $75 per bike per month for year
- $45k for the year
- 50% ($22,500) by U of I
- 25% Parking & Transportation Services and 25% student fee
- 50% ($22,500) by City of Moscow