Comprehensive Supervisor Training Program
In the 2021 Great Colleges to Work for Survey, respondents shared that more opportunities for professional development and training need to be available for supervisors.
This comprehensive supervisor training program addresses that opportunity and supports supervisors in all levels of our organization.
The program has many options to support professional development for supervisors across our organization. From the executive suite to the newest department chair or front-line manager, there is training to meet your needs.
- The program is open from Jan. 12 to March 25, 2023
- The program is voluntary, but all supervisors are encouraged to participate and choose training(s) to help meet your professional aspirations.
- There are no repercussions for not participating.
- A minimum of three-hours of training is required to complete the program
- You are eligible for $250 to show our appreciation for your dedication to your professional development.
- In addition, ten qualifying supervisors who completed the training will be randomly selected to receive a pizza party for up to 30 people with their team in April 2023.
Steps to participate:
Find a training that meets your interests as a supervisor. Here is a list of potential trainings: Academic Impressions New Supervisor Trainings, Academic Impressions Experienced Supervisor Trainings, and University of Idaho Supervisor Trainings. You do not have to choose from these lists. If your professional organization such as ACUPA, CASE, ACE, etc. offers training that meets the spirit of this program, you are welcome to take your training through your professional organization.
- All trainings should enhance your role as a supervisor and show professional growth.
- You will just upload your completion certificate(s) into the completion survey.
Once the training is complete, fill out this survey to confirm your training and give valuable feedback to university leadership about training experiences.
Encourage your friends and colleagues who are supervisors to also participate and share what you learned and what trainings you recommend to others. This is the time to create a culture of continuous growth and support for each other. You are encouraged to continue your training and professional development beyond this program.
April 2023, celebrate our new knowledge and skills! Receive your financial incentive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Everyone who participates will receive the incentive, but you may donate the money to a charity if you don’t need it at this time.
April 2023 after the program concludes.
Senior leadership such as Deans, Director, VPs, etc. that directly roll up to the President/Provost are not eligible.
The role of a supervisor includes performance management/evaluations, hiring authority and those within the supervisory chain that have a role in decisions regarding compensation, etc. This does not include individuals who serve as a proxy for time and attendance (timesheet) approvals.
Interested non-supervisors are encouraged to participate in trainings that support their growth and future aspirations, with approval of their supervisor. Only supervisors are eligible for the incentive.
This is a presidential priority; it will be funded out of the central budget.
Academic Impressions is a paid subscription with free access for all employees. Additionally, internal University of Idaho trainings are already free to all employees. You are welcome to ask your supervisor about using your unit’s training budget for other options.