Staff Representative | Faculty Senate
Take an active role in our university's shared governance.
Are you a staff member? Are you interested in serving on Faculty Senate?
Then you can serve as a staff representative on Faculty Senate!
Don't know what Faculty Senate is? Check it out here. Learn more about our Faculty Senate.
All full-time, board-appointed employees at the University of Idaho who do not have faculty status are eligible to serve as a staff representatives on Faculty Senate. Staff members may be from across the university, including off-campus representatives.
The representative body of the university staff (Staff Council) elects two employees who do not have faculty status to serve with vote in the senate.
Note: If there are no current vacancies for a Staff Representative/Senator, your application will be kept on file, and you will be contacted when one becomes available.
Terms are two years and run from August-July. The staff representatives shall serve for staggered two year terms.
All Staff Council members are subject to the following attendance and participation requirements:
- Attend monthly Staff Council meetings and all Faculty Senate meetings.
- Participate on at least one committee per year or hold a staff council officer role.
- Read Staff Council and Faculty Senate bylaws.
- Attend Staff Council and Faculty Senate Retreats, if applicable.
- Represent constituents by bringing their concerns to Staff Council. Constituents are those with whom you work and may be formal or informal concerns. Faculty Senate representatives are also responsible for reporting on Faculty Senate meetings at Staff Council meetings. Immediate issues can be directed to Staff Council chair.
- Please seek approval from your supervisor.
- Once you have supervisor approval, fill out the application form.
Not ready to serve?
If you think you might want to serve as the Faculty Senate representative, attend a meeting! Staff Council meetings are 9-11 a.m. on the second Wednesday of each month via Zoom in order to accommodate members and officers from across the state. Faculty Senate meetings are held weekly during the academic year, typically via Zoom.
You will gain a better understanding of Staff Council and Faculty Senate. Then you will definitely want to join!
If you have any questions or comments, please email the Staff Council Executives at email@example.com.