Residence Hall Costs
Rates are per semester*
- Wallace Residence Center, Double: $2,270; Limited single rooms are also available: $3,120
- Theophilus Tower, Double: $2,270; Limited single rooms are also available: $3,120
- Living Learning Communities (LLCs), Double: $2,575; Single: $3,305
- McConnell Hall, Single Rooms only: $3,120
First year students living in the residence halls and all students living in Wallace, Theophilus, and McConnell are required to have a meal plan. View meal plan information.
* Rates are subject to Idaho State Board of Education approval.
Students who live on campus have higher GPAs, are more likely to graduate and to be more satisfied with their college experience than students who in live off campus apartments or houses.
Room and board charges will appear on your Student Account bill, which you can access through VandalWeb. Find your room and board charges by choosing the “Student” tab, then “Student Accounts,” and then “Student Account Billing Statement.”
If you have financial aid, room and board charges will be deducted from your remaining financial aid after your U of I fees have been paid. The remaining balance should be paid in full on or before the first day of the applicable semester.
For your convenience, you may choose to sign up for a payment plan available through VandalWeb that will allow you to make monthly payments during the semester instead of paying the entire amount at the beginning.