Guidelines for Internships
- Students interested in internships should notify the department head and prepare a resume.
- All department faculty work to establish internships industries that offer constructive learning experiences for our students
- Internships should offer learning experience related to some aspect of our program.
- Internships should provide job description including responsibilities of student, duration of project, salary, and qualifications required.
- Credits will be determined by the department based on project duration and salary to stay consistent with other internships.
- Department requirements:
- Verification of student hire and supervisor role
- Student will report halfway through the project describing their responsibilities, accomplishments, learning experiences, and evaluation of placement
- Student will report at the end of the term the total internship experience, including what was accomplished, what they learned, and how it related to the student’s program.
- A letter from the supervisor evaluating the student’s performance on the job
- Internship courses are Geography 497 and 598 and will be listed under the department head. Grades for internships will be based on the student’s report and the supervisor’s evaluation.
- Students who have not had internships will be given priority in the selection process.