Career Impact Award
Brought to you by Career Services
The Career Impact Award annually recognizes one faculty and one staff member who have gone above and beyond in encouraging and supporting the career exploration, readiness, and success of U of I students.
Career Services believes all faculty and staff at U of I play an integral role in preparing students for career success. This award is offered annually to one faculty member and one staff member whose work helps advance Career Services mission to provide U of I students and alumni with services and resources that empower them as they make critical life decisions and pursue career success.
Career Services is seeking nominations for faculty and staff throughout U of I that promote and advance brave and bold ways to support the career development of students (graduate or undergraduate) by consistently empowering them to seek meaningful opportunities for work, service, and/or advanced studies with curiosity and confidence.
Career Impact nominees support students by:
- Assisting them in planning for a purposeful life after graduation
- Encouraging the discovery & pursuit of hands-on experiences, both within and outside the classroom
- Inspiring students to recognize and articulate the relevant and transferable skills they offer to the world of work (e.g., Career Readiness Competencies, Dependable Strengths)
- Helping students to make informed decisions through the clarification of values, goals, interests & strengths
- Leveraging up-to-date field/industry knowledge to connect students with people & resources in their career field
Eligibility and Nomination Form:
This award is open to all U of I faculty and staff across the state (Career Services staff are not eligible). Anyone from U of I can nominate (including students and alumni). Award recipients will receive a monetary award, recognition, and a plaque from Career Services.
The deadline for nominations for the 2022 Award is Friday, March 4, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
Questions? Contact Career Services at 208-885-6121 or email@example.com.