Entrance Test Preparation
Both standardized and specialized entrance testing are common requirements for graduate and professional school acceptance. It is important to find out which test will be required by the programs to which you are applying.
- Kaplan Test Prep has resources, including free online practice tests, for many of the different entrance exams.
- The Princeton Review can help you prepare for most of the different entrance tests.
- Peterson's offers test preparation tips, articles and resources for several entrance exams.
- Barron’s Test Prep has a free basic account option with tools to help you increase your GRE or GMAT scores.
Those applying to graduate/professional school may be asked to complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This test is administered through the Testing Center, and additional resources can be found through Kaplan Test Prep.
- Graduate School — Graduate Record Examination (GRE) has test information and practice questions for the GRE.
- Medical School — Association of American Medical Colleges offers information and preparation materials for the MCAT.
- Dental School — American Dental Association has test information and sample questions for the DAT.
- Optometry School — Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry provides test information and sample tests for the OAT.
- Pharmacy School — American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy offers test information and practice tests for the PCAT.
- Veterinary School — Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges has information and publications regarding admission requirements and taking the VCAT.
- Business School — GMATclub offers information and self-prep material for the GMAT.
- Law School — University of Idaho College of Law provides preparation resources for the LSAT. Additional resources provided by the Law School Admission Counsel and American Bar Association.
Many of these tests are administered on the Moscow campus through the Testing Center. Learn more »
Preparing Your Application
Descriptions and tips for crafting the most common pieces of graduate school application material.
College of Graduate Studies
Combining nationally competitive academic and research opportunities.