Recruiting at Career Fairs
Fall Career Fair:
Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023 | 2-6 p.m. PST
ASUI Kibbie Activity Center | Map
We are proud to offer additional opportunities for employers to connect with students during Career Fair Week. Please consider attending any of our free College Networking Nights the evening prior to the Career Fair. These networking events will provide you the opportunity to connect with and target students in majors you are recruiting.
Recruiting Opportunities for Employers
Career Services coordinates all on-campus recruiting for full-time and internship opportunities.
|Registrant Type||Price||Additional Benefits|
|Premier Sponsor (limit 6)||$1,000||• Recognition on All Fair Marketing Materials
• Reserved Curbside Space
• 1st Choice Booth
• No Late Fee
|Executive Pass (limit 27)||$700||• Reserved Front Row Space
• 2nd Choice Booth
• No Late Fee
|Returning Corporate/For-profit||$500||– – –|
|First-time Corporate/For-profit||$400||– – –|
|Gov't/Education/Large Non-profit*||$300||– – –|
|Small Non-profit**||$150||– – –|
|University of Idaho Colleges/Programs||$100||– – –|
Late Registration Fee: $100 added to registrations 13 business days before the fair.
|Registrant Type||Price||Additional Benefits|
|Premier Sponsor (limit 8)||$500||• Recognition on All Fair Marketing Materials
• Branding in three all-student email messages
• One social media post on Career Services channels before the fair
• Company website linked on the Career Services website
|Corporate/For-profit||$250||– – –
||$150||– – –|
||$75||– – –|
|University of Idaho Colleges/Programs
||$50||– – –|
Pricing – Teacher Career Fair
Idaho Public School District and Charter School: $50
Out-of-State School and Idaho Private School: $100
For more information, to sponsor or attend an event, email Employer Relations or call 208-885-6121.
*Large non-profits have an operating budget greater than $500,000
**Small non-profits have an operating budget below $500,000
Fall, Spring & Teacher fair registrations include:
- One 8-foot table with linen and two chairs
- Complimentary campus parking
- Assistance with load in/out
- Receipt and storage of pre-shipped display materials
- Complimentary food and beverages
- Fall & Spring fairs only: One table for optional day-after student interviewing. Additional day-after interview tables are available for $25 each.
Virtual fair registration includes:
- Up to 100 representatives to host scheduled sessions
- 10-minute 1:1 sessions hosted via Handshake video
- 30-minute group sessions (limit 5 per employer). Handshake video supports 50 participants per session or the option to host through an external video platform.
A late payment fee of $50 will be enforced if payment for the career fair is not received by two weeks after the date of the fair.
Cancellations received at least two weeks prior to the fair date will be fully refunded. Any cancellations received within two weeks of the fair owe a $50 administrative fee.
Any No-Show who does not contact Career Services to cancel their registration will be responsible for the full registration amount plus the $50 administrative fee.
Displays and recruiting materials for the fair may be shipped in advance and delivered to your booth if received by the day before the fair. You must collect late parcels from Campus Mail on your own. Ship materials to:
U of I Career Fair
Attn: Your Company Name
Campus Mail & Receiving
875 Perimeter Drive
Moscow ID 83844
For return shipping, you must schedule a pick-up with your preferred carrier for the day after the fair. Please also send a shipping label with your representative. The pick-up location for Fall and Spring fairs is:
East end of Kibbie Dome
1000 Stadium Drive
Moscow, ID 83843
For return shipping at the Teacher Career Fair, please contact Career Services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 208-855-6121.
Career Fairs at the Kibbie Dome
Unload in Lot 31, at the east entrance of the Kibbie Dome (Map), and park in lots 34 and 57 to the west. Parking permits are not necessary on fair day.
Download directions for loading at the Kibbie Dome (PDF) or download a parking map (PDF).
Career Fairs at the Bruce M. Pitman Center
Unload in Gold Lot 18 on the north side of the Bruce M. Pitman Center. Staff attendants will have parking permits. Parking maps are available at the Information Desk inside the Pitman Center (Map). Parking passes allow for parking in Gold, Red and Blue lots. Download parking map (PDF)
One-day Visitor's Permit
For any campus visit, employers can purchase a one-day visitor's pass. A license plate number is needed to make the purchase.
There are many ways employers can recruit students and promote on-campus visits, job openings and internships.
- Job & Internship Listings – Post open positions on Handshake, U of I's free online job and internship management system.
- Recruiting Events – Attend career fairs, participate in on-campus interviewing, and join networking events.
- Information Sessions – Information sessions allow employers to talk in-depth about their organization and job/internship opportunities. Career Services can assist with arrangements and promotion to students online and via email. Learn more on our Host an Info-Session page.
- Class/Student Group Presentations – Visit the U of I campus, and give a presentation about your company during a class or student group meeting. Career Services can help by facilitating contact between employers and faculty or student group leaders.
- Place an Ad on Flat Screen Announcement Boards – This is an option in our premium services. For more information about this service, please visit Partnership & Premium Services page.
- Advertise in the Student Newspaper – The Argonaut, the U of I student newspaper, has a weekly print circulation of 4,500 on and off campus. The paper also has a strong online presence with on average 12,000 weekly pageviews of uiargonaut.com plus over 5,500 followers on Facebook. For advertising information, call 208-885-7825 or email email@example.com.
- Posters/Flyers – Limited amounts of professional posters or flyers can be hung across U of I campus and sent to academic departments free of charge. Mail materials to:
University of Idaho Career Services
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 2534
Moscow, ID 83844-2534
- Meet faculty/staff in academic departments – Students often seek internship information from academic advisors. By building relationships with faculty and advisors in academic departments, employers may get more exposure.
- Enhanced branding and year-round exposure – If you are looking for the next level of branding and support from Career Services to help keep your company top of mind for U of I students, please check out our Distinguished Employer Partnership.
U of I observes campus-wide policies regarding posting, advertising and marketing on campus. There are limits to sidewalk chalk advertising, and papering vehicles along university streets and parking lots is not allowed. View the full policy.
Check-in begins one hour prior to the start of the fair. Booth assignments and other day-of information will be provided.
Fall, Spring & Teacher Fairs:
Employers may conduct interviews during in-person fairs; this is an optional activity and Career Services does not guarantee private rooms or space.
The day after Fall and Spring fairs, Career Services organizes a mass interview event on campus. Our staff will check students in and direct them to a general waiting area where interviewers retrieve them when ready. Mass interviewing spaces are not private.
Fall and Spring registrations include the cost of one interview table for the day after the fair. Reserve additional day-after interviewing tables for $25 each when registering.
Career Services does not organize mass interviews for virtual fairs; however, employers have the option to create interview schedules in Handshake, separate from the virtual fair.
Lodging information for Moscow, Pullman and surrounding areas is available through Visit Moscow. Some hotels offer special rates for career fair recruiters so be sure to ask when you book your reservation.
- Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport (within 5 minutes of downtown Moscow). Local hotel shuttles and taxis provide transportation to-and-from this airport.
- Lewiston-Nez Perce County Airport (35 miles south of Moscow).
- Spokane International Airport (85 miles north of Moscow).