There are many ways employers can recruit students and promote on-campus visits, job openings and internships.
- Job and Internship Listings — Post open positions on Handshake, U of I's free online job and internship management system.
- Recruiting Events — Attend career fairs, participate in on-campus interviewing, and join networking events.
- Information Sessions — Information sessions allow employers to talk in-depth about their organization and job/internship opportunities. Career Services can assist with arrangements and promotion to students online and via email. Learn more about how to host an info session.
- Class/Student Group Presentations — Visit the U of I campus, and give a presentation about your company during a class or student group meeting. Career Services can help by facilitating contact between employers and faculty or student group leaders.
- Place an Ad on Flat Screen Announcement Boards — This is an option in our premium services. For more information about this service, please visit Partnership and Premium Services page.
- Advertise in the Student Newspaper — The Argonaut, the U of I student newspaper, has a weekly print circulation of 4,500 on and off campus. The paper also has a strong online presence with on average 12,000 weekly pageviews of uiargonaut.com plus over 5,500 followers on Facebook. For advertising information, call 208-885-7825 or email email@example.com.
- Posters/Flyers — Limited amounts of professional posters or flyers can be hung across U of I campus and sent to academic departments free of charge. Mail materials to:
University of Idaho Career Services
875 Perimeter Dr. MS 2534
Moscow, ID 83844-2534
- Meet employees in academic departments — Students often seek internship information from academic advisors. By building relationships with faculty and advisors in academic departments, employers may get more exposure.
- Enhanced branding and year-round exposure — If you are looking for the next level of branding and support from Career Services to help keep your company top of mind for U of I students, please check out our Distinguished Employer Partnership.
U of I observes campus-wide policies regarding posting, advertising and marketing on campus. There are limits to sidewalk chalk advertising, and papering vehicles along university streets and parking lots is not allowed. View the full policy.
Fairs are held fall and spring semesters to bring hundreds of employers to campus to network with, interview and hire U of I students and alumni.
Held in conjunction with career fairs, these events connect students with employer representatives in an environment where socializing is the focus.
This event teaches students basic dining etiquette skills to prepare them for professional situations. Employers are invited to sponsor this event and act as table hosts. Attendance is typically over 200 students.