B.S. Biotechnology and Plant Genomics
Improving Plant Growth and Development
Biotechnology involves a wide range of molecular and biochemical techniques to study and improve plant growth and development. In this field, you might work to increase a crop’s resistance to disease or a pest. Explore food production, fuel, fiber and landscapes and spend time in on-campus greenhouses and laboratories, where you could apply molecular biology techniques to investigate how plants defend themselves or produce critical secondary metabolites.
- Complete your own independent study
- Access plant science farms and computer-controlled greenhouses
- Learn advanced laboratory skills involving physiology, genetics and immunology
- Work in on-campus laboratories and learn cutting-edge molecular techniques
- Intern with companies that regenerate potatoes or landscape plants from cells or tissues
Biotechnology and plant genomics degree sets students up for success.