Find Corporate and Foundation Funding
Subscribe to funding opportunities alerts
- If we know what you are seeking funding for, we’ll notify you via our listserv as opportunities come to our attention.
- We also distribute opportunities through the Office of Sponsored Programs listserv. To join, email email@example.com.
Receive COS Pivot database training
- COS Pivot is a comprehensive funding database with $33 billion in searchable government and private grant opportunities. Contact us for one-on-one training on how to get the most out of this database.
- Set up a COS Pivot profile for collaboration, personalized funding and collaborator search. Contact us for help.
Request help identifying funders for specific projects
- Request research on potential grant-makers from our Foundation Directory Online database. The database is updated weekly and provides comprehensive information including profiles of over 120,000 U.S. grant-makers and their funding interests.
- Tell us about your project and we’ll advise you on the corporations and foundations that best align with your goals.
- Do you have a particular foundation or corporation you'd like to approach? We can help answer some questions to see if it's a "good fit" for U of I, and for your project.
Other resources for prospect and proposal research
- Foundation Center | Information on philanthropy, fundraising and grant-making programs.
- Philanthropy News Digest | A leading source of information on philanthropy in the news.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy | The premier news source of the world of philanthropy.
- Inside Philanthropy | Source of day-to-day philanthropic coverage, reporting on how foundations and individual donors give away their money.
- Proposals.com | Provides free resources for both advanced grant writing consultants and inexperienced nonprofit staff.
- Guidestar | Provides free access to the IRS 990PF forms of private foundations so you can research previously funded grantees.
Find Federal Funding
Applying for a government grant? Please visit the Office of Research & Economic Development.