Associate Director of UI Extension
Water Center, Suite 120
University of Idaho Boise
322 E. Front Street, Suite 120
Boise, Idaho 83702
Nav’s experience includes impact evaluation, program design, implementation and adult education. His focus is building evaluation capacity of Extension educators and increase their ability to document program impacts that meet the needs of local, state and federal stakeholders.
Ph.D., Iowa State University, Ames, 2010
M.S., University of Melbourne, Australia, 2005
B.S., Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 1988
- Ghimire, N. & Dolly, D. (2016). Educational process competencies and training needs of Agricultural Extension Officers in Jamaica and Tobago for successful program implementation. The University of the West Indies.
- Ruark, M., Ghimire, N., & Lauer, J. (2012-2013). Evaluate the effect of different sources of nitrogen fertilizer on corn yield. UW-Extension.
- Ruark, M., & Ghimire, N. (2012). Evaluate the effect of different rates of nitrogen fertilizer on sweet corn yield. UW-Extension.
- Ghimire, N. & Trechter, D. (2012). Extension educators and program evaluation. UW-Extension.
- Ghimire, N. & Martin, R. A. (2011). Extension educators’ knowledge and skills in educational processes and their needs for further training: A North Central Region (USA) Extension System perspective.
- Ghimire, N. (2010). The relative importance of educational process competencies to Extension educators in the North Central Region of the United States. Doctoral Research.
- Ghimire. N. (2005). Participatory agricultural development: A case study of Nepal. Master’s Research.
- Ghimire, N. & Martin, R. A. (2015). To what degree extension educators self-assess their needs for building evaluation capacity. The International Journal of Adult, Community and Professional Learning, Volume 21(1): 1-8. Available online at: http://ijlacp.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.255/prod.60
- Ghimire, N., Koundinya, V., & Holz-Clause, M. (2014). Government run vs. University managed agricultural extension: A review of Nepal, India, and the United States. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, Volume 3(5): 461-472. Available online at: http://www.sciencedomain.org/abstract.php?iid=540&id=25&aid=4885
- Ghimire, N. & Martin, R. A. (2013). Does evaluation competence of Extension educators differ by their program area of responsibility? Journal of Extension, Volume 51(6). Available online at: http://www.joe.org/joe/2013december/rb1.php
- Ghimire, N. & Martin, R. A. (2013). Extension educators’ self-assessed professional development needs in learning methods. The International Journal of Assessment and Evaluation, Volume 19(2), 13-23. Available online at: http://ijlae.cgpublisher.com/product/pub.251/prod.11
- Ghimire, N. & Martin, R. A. (2011). A professional competency development model: Implications to Extension educators. Journal of International Agricultural and Extension Education, Volume 18(2), 5-17. Available online at:
- Ghimire, N. & Martin, R. A. (2011). Needs assessment competencies: Are they important for Extension educators? International Journal of Agricultural Management and Development, Volume 1(3), 139-155. Available online at: http://www.ijamad.com/1(3)/ijamad%206-1(3).pdf
- Wisconsin State Legislators’ Certificate of Appreciation, for Successful Agricultural Programming, October 2015.
- UW-Colleges and UW-Extension Chancellor’s Excellence in Community Engagement, September 2015.
- Communication Award — Bound Book, North Central Region Association of County Agriculture Agents, April 2013.
- Communication Award — Bound Book, North Central Region Association of County Agriculture Agents, April 2012.
- Team/Workgroup Leadership and Responsiveness Award, UW-Extension, October 2011.
- Research Excellence Award — Doctoral Research, Iowa State University, May 2010.
- High Commendation Award — Master’s Research, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2004.
- World Bank Graduate Scholarship (Global Competition) for Master’s Degree, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2002-2004.