Extension ExPress Newsletter
- Director's Message — Another Successful Fair Season
- Extension Impact: Evaluating Wheat Varieties, Protecting Pollinators, Connecting Communities
- Faculty Spotlight: David Callister, Janna Verburg Hamlett, Nic Usabel, Yvonne Barkley
- Featured Publication: Pesticide Applicator Training
- Director's Message — Time to Explore Idaho
- Extension Impact: Ag Tech: Sharing New Options, Heritage Orchard Conference Gives Historical Grounding, Legislative Committee Visits Parma, Extending Science-Based Knowledge Since 1892
- Faculty Spotlight: Lauren "Lu" Hauger, Mary Ridout, Sendy Martinez
- Featured Publication: Idaho's Noxious Weeds (BUL 816)
- Director's Message — Cultivating the Harvest
- Extension Impact: Latina Entrepreneurship Workshops, Monitoring the Range, Going for a Walk, Promoting Healthy LIving
- Faculty Spotlight: Shaina Nomee, Sara Fluer, Chandra Vaughan, Don Morishita
- Featured Publication: Designing an Edible Landscape in Idaho (BUL 921)
- Director's Message — Planning for Priorities
- Extension Impact: Introducing Youth to STEM Through Robotics, Suitability for Viticulture, Diabetes Prevention
- Faculty Spotlight: Karie Boone, Ron Patterson, Leslee Blanch, Chris Hamilton, Kelli Loftus
- Featured Publication: Boxelder Bug Nuisance Management for Homeowners (CIS 1155)
- Director's Message — Opportunities for Extension
- Extension Impact: Maximizing Cover Crops, Game Based Learning, The Diversity of Rangeland, Building Interest in STEM
- Faculty Spotlight: Justin Hatch, Bracken Henderson, Rebecca Mills, Samantha Roberts, Donna Schwarting
- Featured Publication: Protecting Streams and Lakes in Idaho: A Landowner’s Guide (CIS 1228)
- Director's Message — Summer in Action
- Extension Impact: Idaho youth attend NASA Solar Eclipse camp, In High Demand, Preventing Foodborne Illness, Creating Teen Leaders, Supporting the Beef Industry
- Faculty Spotlight: Andrew Bingham, Laura Foist, Andy West, Sonya Meyer, Harriet Shaklee
- Featured Publication: Working with a Professional Forester
- Director's Message — Welcome!
- Extension Impact: Cooking Under Pressure, Communication Through Apparel, Feeding the Tetons, Detecting Crop Diseases
- Faculty Spotlight: Jason Thomas, Erik Anderson, Stuart Parkinson, Wayne B. Jones, Nancy Melville
- Featured Publication: Idaho's Noxious Weeds
Director’s Message — Welcome!
During this past year, we conducted a needs assessment to learn what the people of Idaho want from their University of Idaho Extension. We gathered input from surveys and also conducted six listening sessions throughout the state. In addition to the in-person listening sessions, we also used technology to conduct electronic listening sessions in our more rural counties. A common theme throughout reflected a need to increase the awareness of University of Idaho Extension — who we are, what we do and how we can help build a stronger Idaho. As a result, we are using this quarterly electronic newsletter to tell our story and increase awareness of University of Idaho Extension.
We also used the needs assessment to inform a new vision and strategic plan. Our new vision is, University of Idaho Extension: Leaders in building a thriving, prosperous, healthy Idaho. Our faculty and staff are committed to delivering research-based educational programming to help the people of Idaho solve problems, develop skills and live a better life. We are committed to being innovative in our program delivery and we also embrace technology. We are committed to working hard to find solutions to the problems you face. Together with you, we can build a thriving, prosperous, healthy Idaho.