Extension ExPress Newsletter
- Director's Message — Summer in Action
- Extension Impact: Idaho youth attend NASA Solar Eclipse camp, In High Demand, Preventing Foodborne Illness, Creating Teen Leaders, Supporting the Beef Industry
- Faculty Spotlight: Andrew Bingham, Laura Foist, Andy West, Sonya Meyer, Harriet Shaklee
- Featured Publication: Working with a Professional Forester
- Director's Message — Welcome!
- Extension Impact: Cooking Under Pressure, Communication Through Apparel, Feeding the Tetons, Detecting Crop Diseases
- Faculty Spotlight: Jason Thomas, Erik Anderson, Stuart Parkinson, Wayne B. Jones, Nancy Melville
- Featured Publication: Idaho's Noxious Weeds
Director’s Message — Welcome!
During this past year, we conducted a needs assessment to learn what the people of Idaho want from their University of Idaho Extension. We gathered input from surveys and also conducted six listening sessions throughout the state. In addition to the in-person listening sessions, we also used technology to conduct electronic listening sessions in our more rural counties. A common theme throughout reflected a need to increase the awareness of University of Idaho Extension — who we are, what we do and how we can help build a stronger Idaho. As a result, we are using this quarterly electronic newsletter to tell our story and increase awareness of University of Idaho Extension.
We also used the needs assessment to inform a new vision and strategic plan. Our new vision is, University of Idaho Extension: Leaders in building a thriving, prosperous, healthy Idaho. Our faculty and staff are committed to delivering research-based educational programming to help the people of Idaho solve problems, develop skills and live a better life. We are committed to being innovative in our program delivery and we also embrace technology. We are committed to working hard to find solutions to the problems you face. Together with you, we can build a thriving, prosperous, healthy Idaho.