Virtual Food Safety Program
Join University of Idaho Extension for a monthly workshop related to different food safety topics. All workshops are free and hosted online.
Thursdays | Monthly | 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT/Noon-1:30 p.m. MT
March 16 — Boiling Water Canning Basics
- Learn important steps to safely process food from your garden for shelf stable storage. Register Today
April 20 — Pressure Canning Basics
- Learn the basics to safely use your pressure canner to process shelf-stable foods. Register Today
May 18 — Jerky Making 101
- In this class you will learn how to safely make your own jerky using an electric food dehydrator. This class will cover how to make jerky from a variety of meats including beef and wild game. Register Today
July 20 — Air Frying Fun!
- Join us to learn how simple and fun it can be to use an air fryer to prepare a quick meal for you and others. This program will teach participants the basics of air fryers including settings, ease of use and considerations. This class is great for anyone looking to purchase an air fryer or wondering how to put one they own to better use. Register Today
Aug. 24 — Fermentation
- Learn the basics of fermenting foods for preserving the harvest and enhancing the nutritional value, healthfulness and digestibility of foods. This online class will also cover safe storage of fermented foods. Register Today
Sept. 21 — Freeze Drying Done Right
- Want to learn about freeze dryers designed for home use? This is the online class for you. During this class you will learn about the various freeze dryer models, purchasing and maintenance costs, how to operate a freeze dryer, and proper storage of freeze-dried goods. We will also show you how to prep food and begin the freeze-drying process. Register Today
Oct. 12 — Just Freeze It!
- Learn the best ways to preserve your harvest using a freezer. This class will cover how to properly freeze and store your foods for the best quality product you can enjoy later. Register Today
Nov. 9 — Holiday Food Hacks!
- Learn the tips and tricks to planning holiday dishes that will make it a breeze. After attending this class you will be ready to enjoy time with family and friends when the holiday is finally here, thanks to your advanced preparation to reduce stress and increase time constraints. Register Today
Dec. 7 — Safe Gifts from the Kitchen
- Learn fun and easy ways to prepare gifts for the holidays that come straight from your kitchen. This class will cover ways to know what are some safe practices, and what recipes should be avoided from making, based on food safety practices. Register Today