Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences
University of Idaho Extension, Bingham County
412 W. Pacific St.
Blackfoot, ID 83221
Julie's programming areas include health, nutrition, food safety, 4-H youth development and Bingham county chair. Julie is a registered dietitian nutritionist and worked as a nutrition faculty member at Brigham Young University Idaho prior to her work with University of Idaho.
Ed.D., University of Idaho
M.H.E., Idaho State University
B.S., Idaho State University
- Aging well
- Lifecycle nutrition
- Diabetes wellness
- Hunger issues
- Underserved audiences
- Wright I., S.Safaii, M. Raidl, J.H. Buck, M.R. Spencer, et al. Effectiveness of the Healthy Diabetes Plate and Social Media Project. J Nutri Health. 2015;1(2): 6. Available from: www.avensonline.org/wp-content/uploads/JNH-2469-4185-01-0007.pdf.
- Liebman, M., K. Propst, S.A. Moore, S. Pelican, B. Holmes, M.K. Wardlaw, L.M. Melcher, J.C. Harker, P.M. Dennee, T. Dunnagan, (2003) Gender differences in selected dietary intakes and eating behaviors in rural communities in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Nutrition Research, 23. 991-1002.
- Buck J.H. Cooking with Kids and Avoid Power Struggles at Mealtime [New Resources for Nutrition Educators]. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 2017; 49:182.
- Buck, J.H. March 2016. Reviewed "The Two Bite Club and Discover MyPlate: Team Nutrition 'MyPlate' ebooks". 2016, USDA Food and Nutrition Service, Child Nutrition Programs, ebooks. JNEB-D-16-00169. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior.
- Marketing Package Award — Long Live Idaho!, National Education Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 1st Place Western Region Winner, State Winner, 2017.
- Communications Television/Video Program Award-Mealtime Inspirations, National Education Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2017.
- 4-H Food Smart Families. Florence Hall Award Western Region first place winner. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS) 2017.
- 4-H Food Smart Families. Excellence in Healthy Living Programming Award. Western Region and National Award. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4HA) 2017.
- Food Safety Award-Preserve@Home, National Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 1st Place National Winner, 1st Place Western Region Winner, State Winner, 2016.