Judges are a critical part of the engineering Design EXPO experience for University of Idaho senior design students. The interaction between students and judges create opportunities for students to gain new insights and to learn about engineering career paths and the workforce in general.
Judging opportunities are available for booth exhibits and technical presentations. Booth judges examine up to 10 entries where technical presentation judges attend 5 technical presentations.
Judging takes place 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, April 28, 2017 after orientation by a member of our EXPO capstone faculty.
Judges spend approximately two to three hours reviewing design products, processes and team communication. Judge assessments serve as the basis for the EXPO Awards Ceremony held at the end of the day.
All judges are invited to the Dean's EXPO Preview Reception on Thursday, April 27 in the Pitman Student Center (formerly the Student Union Building) where you will have the opportunity to preview EXPO by meeting our students, capstone faculty advisors, staff and other judges. Reminders and details regarding the reception will be provided.
Judges are provided a complimentary breakfast and lunch as well as free parking for the day.
Thank You, Judges!
- Edward Anderson — Battelle Energy Alliance
- Ralph Barker — Hecla Ltd.
- Amanda Battles — Clearwater Paper
- Taylor Blanc — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Pat Blount — Moscow High School
- Pietro Boyd — Nightforce Optics
- Myles Brown — The Boeing Company
- Ed Cimbalik — Micron Technology
- Jason Dearien — Schweitzer Engineering Labratories
- Raymond Dixon — University of Idaho
- Dylan Dixon — Vista Outdoor
- Byron Flynn — GE Energy Connections
- Tom Gorman — University of Idaho
- Alan Griffitts — Navy Acoustic Research Detachment
- Bob Hallock — Retired
- Yvonne Hallock — Retired
- Gene Hamacher — TechHelp — UI
- Chris Hazelton — Coffman Engineers, Inc.
- Chad Heimbigner — Coffman Engineers, Inc.
- Saied Hemati — University of Idaho
- Gary Hermann — CH2M Hill and then Velsicol
- David Hollenback — Berg Manufacturing
- Christopher Hyde — University of Idaho
- Dave Joerger — Idaho Power Company
- Chris Jones — Self-employed
- Kurran Kelly — BP
- Krista Kinsey — Simplot
- John Kumm — POWER Engineers
- Lisa Lewis — Boise VA Medical Center
- Jim Linford — Eagle Creek Consulting
- Richard Maguire — Avista
- Ken Mays — KMays Technical Services
- Daniel Micheletti — Marvell Semiconductor Inc.
- Tom Moore — Consultant
- Nadine Morasci — Esterline Interface Technologies
- Nicholai Olson — Tamarack Aerospace Group
- Doug Overholtzer — Wagstaff, Inc.
- Caitlin Owsley — Janicki Industries
- Lyle Parks — Retired
- Marc Patterson — Idaho Power
- Tom Pfeiffer — Idaho National Laboratory
- Behanz Rezaie — University of Idaho
- Jonathan Richards — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Kurt Ririe — Idaho National Laboratory
- Burch Roark — Retired
- Pete Robichaud — Rocky Mountain Research Station
- Tracy Rolstad — Avista
- MIchael Schleich — Itron
- Daniel Schneider — Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Anne Seifert — Idaho National Laboratory
- Steve Silkworth — Avista
- Charles Simon — The Boeing Company
- Mark Sipe — Coffman Engineers, Inc.
- Jamison Slippy — Quest Aircraft Company
- Alistair Smith — University of Idaho
- Eric Stubbs — Micron Technology
- Todd Swanstrom — Western Trailer Co.
- Mike Thompson — Wagstaff, Inc.
- Dillon Turnbull — Schweitzer Engineering Labratories
- Trung Van — The Boeing Company
- Ed Whitehead — Retired USN
- Jeff Williams — Vista Outdoor
- Cal Williams — The Boeing Company
- Steven Yoon — The Boeing Company
- Thomas Zysk — The Boeing Company