Ata Zadehgol, Ph.D., P.E.
Ata Zadehgol, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign, 2011
- M.S., University of California, Davis, 2006
- B.S., University of Washington, Seattle, 1996
- Signal and power integrity of SoP/SoC
- Control and optimization
- Modeling and simulation of multi-physics phenomena
Ata Zadehgol is an associate professor of electrical and computer engineering (ECE) at the University of Idaho. He received his bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Washington (Seattle, 1996), the University of California (Davis, 2006) and the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign, 2011), respectively. He joined the faculty of the ECE department in the University of Idaho, Moscow, in 2014. Since 1996, he has held various research and development positions in industry and academia, in the area of numerical and computational electromagnetics, signal and power integrity of high performance and dense microelectronic systems on package (SoP) and on chip (SoC), and electromagnetic compatibility. His research interests and activities include computational techniques in electromagnetic modeling, simulation, analysis and design of high-performance and dense microelectronic systems, as well as scattering and remote sensing, thermal sensing, microelectronic sensors, control, optimization and multi-physics phenomena.
- et al., Ata Zadehgol, “Parallel, Optimized, Error Maxima-agnostic, Pole Residue Equivalent System Solver (POEMPRESS)”, IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 8, No. 1, Pages: 5-12, 2018.
- Ata Zadehgol, "An Impedance Transfer Function Formulation for Reduced-Order Macro-Models of Sub-gridded Regions in FDTD ," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 65, No. 1, Pages: 401 - 404, DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2016.2627026, 2017.
- Ata Zadehgol, "Stochastic Reduced-Order Electromagnetic Macro-Models in FDTD," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 8, Pages: 3496 - 3508, DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2016.2574879, August 2016.
- Ata Zadehgol, "Deterministic Reduced Order Macro Models for Computing the Broad-Band Radiation Field Pattern of Antenna Arrays in FDTD," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 64, No. 6, Pages: 2418 - 2430, DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2016.2550052, March 2016.
- Ata Zadehgol, "A Frequency-Independent and Parallel Algorithm for Computing the Zeros of Strictly Proper Rational Transfer Functions," Applied Mathematics and Computation, 229–236, DOI: 10.1016/j.amc.2015.11.022, February 2016.
- Ata Zadehgol, "A Semi-Analytic and Cellular Approach to Rational System Characterization through Equivalent Circuits," International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields, pages: 637–652, DOI: 10.1002/jnm.2119, October 2015.
- Ata Zadehgol, A. C. Cangellaris, "Isotropic Spatial Filters for Suppression of Spurious Noise Waves in Sub-gridded FDTD Simulation," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 9, Pages: 3272 - 3279, DOI: 10.1109/TAP.2011.2161551, September 2011.
- Ata Zadehgol, et al., "Apparatus, system, and method for high frequency signal distribution". USA Patent 7106147, 2007.
- The Presidential Mid-Career Award, 2020 University of Idaho Awards