M.S. Electrical Engineering
Collaborative Electrical Science
Earn your advanced degree at of one of the nation’s premier centers for power engineering research, education and collaboration between industry and academia at the University of Idaho. Learn how to apply your knowledge in the field to develop complex electrical solutions for computers, power conversion and more.
Areas of emphasis include: Very large scale integrated (VLSI) circuits, supercomputing, microwaves, communication systems, integrated circuit design, electromagnetics, control systems, signal analysis, network synthesis, digital systems design, and electric power systems.
- Nationally Recognized Faculty – Learn from nationally recognized faculty in the field of microelectronics and power engineering.
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.