Degrees in Electrical Engineering
Our department offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in electrical engineering.
Gain a broad knowledge in electronics, power, electromagnetics, digital systems and signals and systems and focus on large-scale electrical power production. Work in renewable energy, power generation and distribution, transport networks, manufacturing and construction and more.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 90% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho. – 2020/21 Financial Aid Data
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.