M.Engr. Electrical Engineering
Relevance in Electrical Science
Earn your degree in this nationally recognized program that is one of the nation’s premier centers for power engineering research, education and collaboration between industry and academia. Take advantage of the opportunity to work with faculty members on practical research projects vital to the industry to prepare for your future in the area of your interest.
Areas of emphasis include: Very large scale integrated (VLSI) circuits, supercomputing, microwaves, communication systems, integrated circuit design, electromagnetics, control systems, signal analysis, network synthesis, digital systems design, and electric power systems.
Earn This Degree Online
This program may be completed part-time or online through Engineering Outreach, our college’s distance education department.
- Internationally Recognized Faculty in Power Engineering – Learn from Idaho’s only Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Endowed Chair in Power Engineering and participate in groundbreaking projects related to power systems and cybersecurity.
- Idaho’s Best Value College – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Highest Mid-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho – Payscale
- 87% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
Ranked 20th in the nation by Intelligent.com
Our Master’s in Electrical Engineering is ranked 20th in the nation by Intelligent.com, based on curriculum quality, graduation rate, reputation and post-graduate employment.