Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
Progressive Ideas, Modern Applications
The University of Idaho is one of the nation’s premier centers for power engineering research, education and collaboration between industry and academia, and in this nationally recognized program you will investigate complex electrical phenomena and enjoy opportunities to work with faculty members on practical research projects vital to the industry.
Areas of emphasis include: Electronics, power, electromagnetics and digital systems.
- Internationally Recognized Faculty in Power Engineering – Learn from Idaho’s only Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Endowed Chair in Power Engineering and participate in groundbreaking projects related to power systems and cybersecurity.
- Idaho’s Best Value College – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Highest Mid-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho – Payscale
- 98% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.