Ph.D. Electrical Engineering
Progressive Ideas, Modern Applications
The University of Idaho is one of the nation’s premier centers for power engineering research, education and collaboration between industry and academia, and in this nationally recognized program you will investigate complex electrical phenomena and enjoy opportunities to work with faculty members on practical research projects vital to the industry.
Areas of emphasis include: Electronics, power, electromagnetics and digital systems.
- Nationally Recognized Faculty – Learn from nationally recognized faculty in the field of microelectronics and power engineering.
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.