B.S. Computer Engineering
Computing for Tomorrow
Merge electrical engineering with computer science to build your future developing innovations in everything from medical equipment and automobiles to power grids and communication systems. Apply your broad-based knowledge and technical skills to develop computing technology for instrumentation, control, communication and power-conversion systems.
Work with the U.S. Navy designing autonomous submarines, fabricate microelectronics that could be used in the newest minicomputer, and spend summers at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Cyber Security
- Computers and Microelectronics
- Communication Devices and Instruments
- Nationally Ranked for Best Value – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho for undergraduate degree recipients – Payscale
- More than $30M in Scholarships U of I awards more scholarships than any 4-year public college in Idaho. – 2019/20 Financial Aid Data
- 87% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
The Computer Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.