B.S. Computer Engineering
Computing for Tomorrow
Merge electrical engineering with computer science to build your future developing innovations in everything from medical equipment and automobiles to power grids and communication systems. Apply your broad-based knowledge and technical skills to develop computing technology for instrumentation, control, communication and power-conversion systems.
Work with the U.S. Navy designing autonomous submarines, fabricate microelectronics that could be used in the newest minicomputer, and spend summers at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Cyber Security
- Computers and Microelectronics
- Communication Devices and Instruments
- Top 10% Nationwide - Nationally ranked by U.S. News and World Report for undergraduate engineering and computer science degree programs.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the fourth year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 94% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho.
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.