Women in Engineering Day
Open to ALL 5th through 12th graders!
Explore how your existing skills and creative mindset can help you become a successful engineer or computer scientist!
Women in Engineering (WIE) Day is a free workshop for 5th through 12th grade students designed to help you learn how engineers work together to help people, solve problems, and change the world.
Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023
Registration for WIE Day 2023 has closed. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spend the day with the U of I College of Engineering!
- HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS AND SENIORS EARN A $500 SCHOLARSHIP toward a U of I undergraduate degree in engineering.
- GAIN CAREER INFO and insight into the many engineering degree paths at U of I.
- ENGAGE WITH CURRENT WOMEN STUDENTS, FACULTY & INDUSTRY LEADERS through group discussions, activities and more.
- TOUR LABS AND LEARNING SPACES and learn about student life at U of I!
We may be able to assist with your travel plans and offer travel reimbursements. If you are interested in more information, please email Kylie Sparks at email@example.com.
A guest room block is being held at the Best Western Plus University Inn. Make reservations before Aug. 29, 2023. Call 208-882-0550 and make sure to mention U of I College of Engineering.
Our event is at the Idaho Central Credit Union Arena on the University of Idaho Moscow campus. Parking passes are not required on the day of the event, and participants can park in any of the lots near the arena. The closest lots are lot 24 and 34. Download the campus parking map.
Women in Engineering Day is open to all gender identities and students in 5th through 12th grades.
Yes! Chaperones are welcome to stay and view activities from the sidelines, yet trained volunteers and ambassadors will be leading small groups of participants.
Chaperones who want to stay on site will need to register online. Chaperones can also drop off their students and return at 2 p.m. pickup. See our schedule below for more information.
The schedule below is subject to change.
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. — Check-in
- 9:15 a.m. — Welcome
- 9:30 a.m. — STEM Activity: Design and Build
- 11:45 a.m. — Lunch (provided by College of Engineering)
- 12:30 p.m. — STEM Carnival and College of Engineering Tours (grades 5th – 8th)
- 12:30 p.m. — INL and ENGR Networking Hour (grades 9th – 12th)
- 1:40 p.m. — STEM Activity: Testing*
- 2:00 p.m. — Ice Cream & Achievement Party
- 2:15 p.m. — Pick-up – Chaperones pick up students at east side of ICCU Arena (grass area) | Parking Lot 24
*Parents welcome to join and watch the High School STEM Bridge Testing
- Water bottle – filling stations will be accessible throughout the day
- Comfortable walking shoes
For questions about WIE Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.