Women in Engineering Day
Open to ALL 11th and 12th graders!
Women in Engineering (WIE) Day is a free workshop for 11th and 12th grade high school students designed to build on existing interests in math and science.
Save the Date — Oct. 2021
All students in 11th and 12th grades are invited to participate. Participants must attend both sessions to be eligible to earn a scholarship.
Engineers work collaboratively to make a world of difference. Learn more about what engineers do and how to take the skills you already have and turn them into a successful college experience and future career! Live your life, and love what you do!
- PARTICIPATE IN A HANDS-ON, TEAM-BASED DESIGN ACTIVITY, mentored and delivered remotely, that makes engineering, computer science and design concepts fun and easy to understand
- EARN SCHOLARSHIP toward a U of I undergraduate degree in engineering
- ENGAGE WITH CURRENT WOMEN STUDENTS AND INDUSTRY LEADERS through discussions and breakout sessions
- GAIN CAREER INFO and insight into the many engineering degree paths at U of I
- TOUR LABS AND LEARNING SPACES and learn about student life at U of I
For questions about WIE Day, please email email@example.com.
Women in Engineering Explore for all 9th and 10th Graders
Save the date: March 2021
Gain a better understanding of engineering through hands-on activities and experience with STEM disciplines, students and female engineering alumni.
- 13% OF ENGINEERS ARE WOMEN. The University of Idaho is committed to changing that statistic.
- MORE THAN 250 WOMEN attend Women in Engineering events each year
- 76% OF STUDENTS say they could envision themselves studying engineering in college after attending a Women in Engineering Event