M.S. Civil Engineering
Supporting Society's Infrastructure
Customize your studies to focus on environmental and sanitary engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulics and water resources engineering, structural engineering and structural mechanics or transportation engineering with this program, which gives you the advanced education to design the infrastructure that supports society.
- Personalized Attention with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho. – PayScale 2019
- 98% Graduate With a Job or are enrolled in additional education - 2016-2018 Career Services Outcomes Survey
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.
- National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology – Conduct research with faculty in one of the region’s leading transportation institutes, reducing the environmental impacts of transportation-related operations and improving the durability and sustainability of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.