New Student Scholarship Priority Deadline
- Audition in-person or by video by Nov. 13 for 2022-23 scholarship consideration
- Fall 2021 Placement Class (Fall 2021 entrance)
- Aug. 21, Noon to 2 p.m., PEB 110
- Placement & Scholarship Audition (Fall 2022 entrance)
- Nov. 13, Time TBA, PEB 110
- Placement & Scholarship Audition (Fall 2022 entrance + returning students)
- Feb. 4, Time TBA, PEB 110
- Master Class (Fall 2022 entrance, prospective students, and community)
- Mar. 26, Time TBA, PEB 110
- Individual In-person Audition or Video Submissions
- If you are unable to attend a scheduled group audition, contact the program to schedule an individual in-person audition or audition by video
* Following University regulations, masks will be required while indoors and social distancing will be observed when possible during this event.
The University of Idaho Dance Program requires placement auditions for acceptance. Students will be evaluated by the dance faculty on the basis of previous training, technical prowess, performance presence, alignment, maturity of movement and potential. To prepare, you should receive ballet and modern dance training with classes in other dance forms.
Students meeting our program standards will be granted entrance into the program under a four-year plan. Students who do not meet program standards upon entrance will be accepted under conditional status. These students are still allowed to take classes in the dance curriculum but will be re-evaluated the following year for improvement and potential.
Dance minors do not need to audition for the minor. However, all intermediate and advanced level technique classes in ballet and modern dance require instructor permission. A placement class will take place annually.
Dance Majors may audition for scholarships annually, which require a solo performance and an interview. These awards are based upon merit, financial need and excellence in dance.