New Student Scholarship Priority Deadline
- Dec.1, 2022
- Awarding beyond this deadline is contingent upon availability of funding.
- Individual In-person Audition or Video Submissions
- Contact the program (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an individual in-person audition or audition by video for program placement and/or scholarship
- Spring Placement & Scholarship Audition (Fall 2023 entering and returning students)
- Feb. 10, 3:30 p.m., PEB 110
- Mid-Spring Placement/Master Class (Fall 2023 entrance, prospective students, and community)
- March 25, 10:00-11:30am, PEB 110
The University of Idaho Dance Program requires placement auditions for acceptance. Students will be evaluated by the dance faculty on the basis of previous training, technical prowess, performance presence, alignment, maturity of movement and potential. To prepare, you should receive ballet and modern dance training with classes in other dance forms.
Students meeting our program standards will be granted entrance into the program under a four-year plan. Students who do not meet program standards upon entrance will be accepted under conditional status. These students are still allowed to take classes in the dance curriculum but will be re-evaluated the following year for improvement and potential.
Dance minors do not need to audition for the minor. However, all intermediate and advanced level technique classes in ballet and modern dance require instructor permission. A placement class will take place annually.
Dance Majors may audition for scholarships annually, which require a solo performance and an interview. These awards are based upon merit, financial need and excellence in dance.