Pronunciation and Meaning
We pronounce the center's name as "do-CHAY-oh". The word "doceo" is Latin and means "I teach, tutor, or instruct."
Doceõ Center Goals
- Identify effective strategies for integrating technology in the educational process that foster improved academic achievement.
- Build the capacity of all teaching candidates by modeling and using effective teaching strategies, including the appropriate integration of technology to support P-12 student outcomes.
- Build the capacity of partnering/mentoring teachers to model, coach, and provide feedback to teacher candidates on the use of effective teaching strategies, including the appropriate integration of technology to support student outcomes.
- Strengthen the capacity of first- and second-year teachers by providing quality mentoring/coaching support focused on the integration of technology with effective instructional strategies.
- Build the capacity of in-service teachers, schools, and districts to increase student achievement through the effective use of instructional strategies and the integration of technology.
- Build capacity of U of I faculty (education faculty and general education faculty) in modeling and using effective teaching strategies, including the appropriate integration of technology to support student outcomes.
- Develop a project design space where creativity and technology inspire innovation (final design plan subject to Foundation's approval).
- Develop a library of tested and reviewed technology tools; tested and reviewed software programs that K-12 teachers, the state department of education, and other universities can explore; ongoing research on technology tools and software; research and evaluation data on best practices for technology integration; and research on the impact of technology on teacher’s teaching and their students’ learning.
- Become a national model for colleges of education.
The Univeristy of Idaho Doceo Center for Innovation + Learning (UIDC) is located on the third floor of the Education building. UIDC is part of the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences (EHHS).
If you are interested in exploring collaborative opportunities, please contact us.
- By Appointment
- Email Meize Guo
Physical Location (Moscow)
921 Campus Drive
Moscow, ID 83844