2022 Spring Semester Audition Information
- Stretched on Your Grave (Zoom reading/First Bite Series)
- Castlewood (Zoom reading/First Bite Series)
- Mr. Burns-A Post Electric Play
- Into the Woods
- NOTE: U of I film students will also be casting for their student films
- January 15, 2022
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Hartung Theatre, 625 Stadium Drive.
- Sign ups will occur on Airtable.
- Audition videos can be uploaded on Airtable in lieu of headshot.
- Please review the special considerations and other documents for each play before you audition.
- If you are feeling ill, please do not attend the in-person auditions. Instead submit an audition video on Airtable in lieu of headshot. If you have already submitted your required information and have to cancel your in-person audition, please send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com.
- Actors should prepare a one-minute contemporary monologue and 32 bars which demonstrate your ability to act through song. (Remember that 32 bars are a concept, not a number, a verse and chorus etc.)
- Students are encouraged to sing! Do not be intimidated, as this is an actor driven process. We want to hear your voice! All students should bring clearly marked sheet music with starts and stops. Accompanist will be provided.
- Please contact directors if you have questions or wish to be considered for production via a pre-recorded audition. You must speak directly to the director about this prior and obtain permission. (Director contact info below.)
- Please upload headshot and resume to Airtable if you are a BFA or MFA Performance student.
- Please fill out the audition card and upload it to Airtable.
January 15 - First Bite call backs start at 3-4:30 p.m.
- “Stretched on Your Grave”, 4:45-6:15 p.m.
- “Castlewood” ALL times PST
January 16 – Into the Woods & Mr. Burns
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. “Into the Woods”
- 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. “Mr. Burns”
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Casting meeting via ZOOM (breakout rooms will be used per FERPA regulations)
Student Films Callbacks
- Wednesday, January 19, from 6-8 p.m. (PST) on Zoom.
- All films will be shot between Feb. 1 and March 11, 2022, with a planned one-week shoot sometime in this window.
Theatre Production Titles, Performance Dates & Times
First Bite New Playwright Series: ZOOM Readings
- “Stretched on Your Grave” by Carolyn Murray Feb. 4-6, ZOOM, 6 p.m. PST
- “Castlewood” by Bethany Paulsen Feb 11-13, ZOOM, 6 p.m. PST
“Mr. Burns, A Post Electric Play” by Anne Washburn
- 7:30 p.m. March 4, 5, 10, 11, 12
- 2:00 p.m. March 6 at 2 p.m.
“Into the Woods” by Stephen Sondheim in honor of Stephen Sondheim
- 7:30 p.m. April 29,30, May 7
- 2:00 p.m. April 30, May 1, May 8
Toni Henderson-Mayers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stretched on Your Grave
Anna Marie Brendel: email@example.com
Carly McMinn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Burns-A Post Electric Play
Jeremiah Downes: email@example.com
Into the Woods