Productions and Events
Idaho Repertory Theatre Presents:
"My 80-Year-Old Boyfriend"
Book & Lyrics by Christian Duhamel, Music & Lyrics by Ed Bell, Conceived and Performed by Charissa Bertels
- 7:30 p.m. July 22, 23
- 2:00 p.m. July 24
- Forge Theater, 404 Sweet Avenue, Moscow
- Tickets: $5 to $25
- Tickets at www.uidaho.edu/theatretix
A delightful new musical, in which Charissa, a quirky, twenty-something actress, meets Milton, a quick-witted, eighty-something millionaire who loves Schubert, Shakespeare and Dallas BBQ. From a chance encounter to the unlikeliest of friendships, Charissa discovers there's much she can learn from her surprising new companion. Based on the true story of the performer Charissa Bertels, a U of I Master of Fine Arts candidate, "My 80-Year-Old Boyfriend" reveals the thrill of chasing a dream, the power of living in the present and all that can happen when we let ourselves say "yes."
Kids Summer Drama Camp! Registration is Closed. Get on the Wait List!
Children between the ages of 7-12 years-old are invited to join us for 14 days of fun and theatre in our Kids Summer Drama Camp.
- July 20 to August 6
- Noon to 5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday with public performance on Saturday, Aug. 6
- Hartung Theatre on the U of I campus
- Registration is now closed - camp is full. However, we are maintaining a wait list in case any campers drop out. If you'd like to be placed on the wait list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These virtual meetings bring experienced theatre professionals from around the world to our students via Zoom for revealing conversations about creativity and success in the real world. Previous presenters have included award-winning playwrights, performers, casting directors, puppet masters, company executives and others sharing their stories and wisdom. All Greenroom Chats begin at 1 p.m., Pacific Standard Time unless otherwise noted. If you would like to join us for a particular presentation, please request the Zoom link from the Department of Theatre Arts at email@example.com.
Previous guest artists:
- Dominic Antonio D'Andrea
- Ashley Lauren Rogers
- Martine Kei Green-Rogers
- Davinia Shorter
- Jennifer Goodlander, Ph.D.
- Andres X. Lopez, Ph.D.
- Lyndsay Burch, Kisha Jarrett, Nicole Watson and Emilia Sargent
- Idris Goodwin, playwright
- Lavina Jadhwani, director
- Amy Rose Marsh, Concord Theatricals (formerly Samuel French)
- Juan Cabello and Geralldy Najera, directors, performers
- AnaSofia Villanueva, producer, director, writer, activist
- Aurin Squire, playwright
- Native Playwriting Panel: Carolyn Dunn, Ty Defoe, Randy Reinholz, DeLanna Studi.
- Prison Performing Arts: Dario Pena, Robbie Pollock, Kathleen Powers-Kusio
- Chelsea Hackett, executive director of SPEAK
- LatinX Playwriting Panel: Virginia Grise, Guillermo Reyes, Damaso Rodriguez, Elaine Romero, Caridad Svich.