View the Life Insurance and AD&D details
The university automatically provides Basic Life Insurance coverage equal to one times your pay administered through The Standard Insurance Company. Additional life insurance benefits are available for you, your spouse and eligible dependent children, not to exceed the combined amount of your Basic and Optional Life Insurance election.
Tobacco Usage Affects Life Insurance Costs
- Optional and Spouse Life Insurance rates are based on tobacco usage.
- If you or your spouse are tobacco users, but you complete a tobacco cessation class, lower life insurance rates will be charged beginning in the next plan year.
- If you need to change your tobacco user status, please email the Benefits Department.
How to Submit Evidence of Insurability (EOI)
- Complete the life insurance health evidence questionnaire available on the Standard website.
- Coverage and payroll deductions will begin after EOI is approved by The Standard Insurance Company.
- Prior coverage election will be in effect while your EOI is under review.
- EOI approval can take up to six months.
University of Idaho plan number: 649326
(needed when completing EOI form)
Life Insurance Policy Information
AD&D Policy Information
NCPERS Life Insurance
(National Conference of Public Employees Retirement Systems)
Please note: Employees who elect this optional insurance MUST be enrolled in the PERSI retirement plan.
- Life and accident insurance combination that decreases in value as the employee ages.
- Coverage available for spouses and dependent children.
Employees can enroll within 90 days of date your employment began or during an open enrollment period.
For more information, please download the NCPERS packet.
The Standard Life Insurance Company
HealthSmart Benefit Solutions, Inc