Can you take college classes while in high school?
YES! Dual Credit allows high school students to enroll in university courses while in high school! University of Idaho dual credits can apply to both your high school and university graduation requirements. They can also be transferred to other colleges or universities.
Why Dual Credit?
- Save time – Earn transferable college credits
- Save money – Pay only $75 per credit hour (plus any course related fees)
- Experience college – Gain confidence for future college success
- Learn from home – Take convenient, online courses
- Campus resources – Academic advising, financial advising, Idaho’s largest library, online tutoring and more
Am I eligible?
Are you a high school student? Do you have at least a 2.5 GPA? Will you have approval of a parent or guardian? If yes to all three, you’re eligible!
- Step 1: Enroll.
- Step 2: Obtain U of I email and Vandal number for VandalWeb.
- Step 3: Apply for Advanced Opportunities funding.
- Step 4: Submit the course registration form to your high school counselor for approval and submission.
- Step 5: Connect with a U of I advisor to navigate your academic plan for a successful future.