Primary instructors and department- or college-level VandalWeb users can enter overrides for their class offerings to allow students registration privileges. A department- or college-level user is granted access to all classes offered through their department or college whereas a primary instructor has access to the classes he or she is teaching. Secondary instructors are not able to enter registration overrides and should contact their academic department for assistance.
How to Enter a Registration Override
- Login to VandalWeb using NetID and password
- Select Faculty & Advisors tab
- Select Registration Overrides or Student Profile then Registration Overrides
- Select semester for override from drop-down and click Submit button
- Enter Student ID or search by name (search results require the student to be enrolled in at least one class you are teaching)
- Confirm selection and click Submit button
- Select appropriate Override option from drop-down list:
- Override ALL Restrictions — to override all restrictions (except Time Conflict and Remote Instruction Approved) encountered and allow individual student to register. Note: this will by-pass the wait list and allow registration whereas overriding only a prerequisite, major restriction, or permission required restriction will not allow registration on a class at capacity.
- Class Standing Restriction — to override the restriction that allows only a certain classification of student (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior) to enroll in class.
- Cohort Restriction — to override the restriction that limits enrollment in a course to students in the Honors program.
- Co-requisite Override — to override the required co-requisite of a class to allow the individual student to register.
- Department Enrollment Restriction — to override the restriction that allows only students in a specific department to enroll in class.
- Exceed Enrollment Limit — to override the maximum enrollment limit set on the class to allow individual student to register. Note: be sure that there is space in the room to accommodate additional students.
- Major Restriction — to override the restriction that allows only students in a specific major to enroll in class.
- Permission Required for Enrl — to confirm instructor or department approval for enrollment; only students who are cleared can register for these controlled classes.
- Prerequisite Override — to override the prerequisites of class to allow individual student to register.
- Time Conflict Override — to override time conflicts of two or more classes to allow individual student to register; this override must be given separately from the all override.
- Allow Enrlmnt from Wait List — to override wait list status to allow individual student to register.