About Your Diploma
The University of Idaho contracts with an authorized third-party vendor, Michael Sutter Company, to print and mail diplomas. Diplomas are mailed to students approximately six to seven weeks after the graduation semester ends. When diplomas ship from Michael Sutter, students receive notification through VandalMail indicating the mailing date and address. All financial and other obligations must be cleared to receive a diploma.
Degree, major, and academic honors appear on the diploma. Minors and options earned are printed on the transcript, but not on the diploma. Diplomas measure 11 x 8.5 inches for Baccalaureate, Masters, Specialist, and Doctoral degrees and 14 x 11 inches for Juris Doctor degrees.
Graduates earning more than one degree (e.g. B.S. and B.A.) will receive separate diplomas for each. However, graduates earning a single degree with multiple majors (e.g. B.S.Bus. Accounting and Finance) will receive only one diploma with both majors printed on it.
Students must satisfy all unpaid student account balances through the Student Accounts Office before their diploma will be mailed.
Students with a Perkins Loan must complete an exit interview through the Student Loans Office before their diploma will be mailed.
Students must notify Graduation Services when these items are completed to release the diploma.
Diploma Mailing Address Changes
Diplomas are mailed to the address indicated on the graduation application. Address changes made in VandalWeb will not change the diploma mailing address. Students who wish to change their diploma mailing address must contact Graduation Services.
Orders for a replacement diploma may be made if the original has been lost or damaged. The replacement fee is $30 per diploma and it takes approximately two weeks to mail. Graduates wishing to order a replacement diploma for a change of name must submit an official Change of Name request along with documentation. Depending upon the age of the original diploma it may be signed by the incumbent university officials.
A written request must be mailed or faxed for a replacement diploma including the following information:
- Name (as it was when you graduated)
- Student ID number, if known (this is not the SSN)
- Date of birth
- Current contact information (phone & email)
- Degree earned and graduation date
- Address to mail replacement diploma
- Explanation of what happened to your original diploma
- Payment (acceptable forms of payment are checks or money orders payable to Bursar, U of I or Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Credit card payments must have the card number, expiration date, and verification code from back of card. Email requests cannot be accepted due to Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards. Do not send cash.