What is Schedule Planner?
Schedule planner is a tool that presents students with all possible schedule options that are available for registration. With this tool, students can easily generate a class schedule that fits individual needs without having to use pen and paper or spreadsheets. Follow the steps below or download the PDF.
How to use Schedule Planner
Login to VandalWeb, then select Students > Registration > Schedule Planner
- Select the desired term and click Save And Continue.
- All campuses are selected by default. To search for a specific campus, uncheck those to exclude before clicking Save And Continue.
- Click +Add Course to search classes
- Add individual classes by filtering by subject and number (first tab), attribute (second tab), or instructor (third tab) and clicking +Add Course. Classes appear on the right under Desired Courses.
- Multiple classes can be added at once from the Degree Audit Plan (fourth tab) if a plan has been approved in Degree Audit.
- After adding classes select < Done.
- Block out times to exclude from the schedule by clicking +Add Break. Give the break a name, select the times and days, then click ✔ Add Break.
- Generate Schedules produces all possible schedules based on the courses and breaks selected.
- Click View to see the schedule's details or mouse over the magnifying glass 🔍 icon for a quick view.
- Select multiple schedules and then click Compare to view them side by side.
- When you have selected a schedule, open it and click Send to Shopping Cart to save it for registration.
- If your registration period has begun, you will be directed to select an open registration term.
- If registration is not open, your cart is saved. You can add to or edit your selections. When registration opens go to: Students > Registration > Registration: Add/Drop Classes > Register for Classes and select the term.
- Select Cart and Plans from top row of tabs. Click +Add All to select the classes from your Shopping Cart.
- Click Submit to complete the registration process.
! IMPORTANT: if a schedule is saved to the shopping cart before the registration date, re-check the availability of classes before clicking Register as some classes may have filled up.
Tips and Tricks
Special Topics, IFIT, Seminars, Workshops
Subtitled classes with the same numbers such as special topics, IFIT, etc., will return all sections of the class. Use the Options button next to the class to select a specific section/title.
Emailing a Schedule
Be sure to include your name or ID number in the message as they will not automatically be included in the email.
Schedule planner will display prerequisites when selecting classes to add or by clicking the Information ⓘ icon next to the class. Prerequisites will not be checked until registration is attempted.
The Lock 🔒 icon allows for "locking" a specific class to generate schedules around that class.
Individual schedules can be selected as a favorite to revisit. Select the Favorite ❤ icon when viewing the schedule. Note: If a specific class is full in a favorite schedule, it will not be removed but displays as 0 seats available.
Online classes will not display in the time blocks as there are no specific meeting times, but will display on the weekly schedule.