Interim Dean of the College of Engineering
The dean for the College of Engineering has responsibility to oversee and implement policies and priorities of the college and university. The dean leads the college faculty in the development of policies and priorities governing the academic programs of the college. The dean facilitates the appropriate inclusion of faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders in the college decision-making processes. The academic programs of the college are directly affected by program planning, definitions of goals and priorities, instructional methods and standards, student advising, mutually beneficial partnerships with stakeholders, research policies, allocation of resources, fund-raising, and the development of professional standards related to the branches of learning for which the college is responsible. The academic programs of the college include undergraduate and graduate instruction, research and creative activity, and outreach. It is expected that the dean satisfactorily employs strategies to implement objectives and achieve the University’s strategic goals while carrying out the mission of the college. The term of the appointment is expected to be one year but could be extended under special circumstances.
- An earned terminal degree in a discipline appropriate to the college.
- Rank of associate or full professor with tenure.
- Academic leadership experience including: personnel management (faculty and staff), resource management (finances, facilities, equipment, etc.), and quality academic programming / delivery.
- Rank of full professor with tenure.
- Experience with strategic planning and visioning to successfully address change, managing program/professional-level accreditation and program assessment, increasing student enrollment, and attracting and retaining a diverse student and employee population.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to develop, maintain, and work successfully with faculty, staff, department administrators, peer colleagues, students, alumni, and other stakeholders.
- Experience developing and advancing philanthropic opportunities, economic development, extramurally funded research, or other fundraising efforts.
Percentage of Job Duty Function
- University Service & Leadership 100%
- Outreach & Extension 0%
- Scholarship & Creative Activities 0%
- Teaching & Advising 0%
Submit Nominations, Contacts and Information about the Position
Nominations are welcome. Nominators and interested applicants are encouraged to reach out for further information about the position and the University of Idaho.
Dean Ginger Carney (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the search advisory committee chair.
Mary Stout, Senior Executive Assistant to the Provost & Executive Vice President (email@example.com) is the search committee coordinator.
- Ginger Carney, Dean of College of Sciences, Search Committee Chair
- Mary Stout, Senior Executive Assistant to the Provost/EVP, Search Coordinator
- Eric Aston, Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Patricia Colberg, Professor, Department of Civil and Environment Engineering
- Jim Alves-Foss, University Distinguished Professor, Department of Computer Science
- Brian Johnson, University Distinguished Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Gabriel Potirniche, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Angel Shears, Academic Support Manager, Engineering Outreach
- Hana Long, Administrative and Financial Operations Director, Dean’s Office
- Chris Nomura, Vice President for Research and Economic Development