The Provost and Executive Vice President is the chief academic officer for the University of Idaho and serves as the chief executive in the absence of the President. The Provost and Executive Vice President is committed to the ideal of a student-centered university and to excellence in teaching, scholarship, research and the transfer of knowledge and technology. The Provost and Executive Vice President articulates and inspires a shared commitment to the University’s mission and vision; identifying creative strategies to achieve student success, grow enrollment, promote research, support teaching pedagogy, encourage and support a healthy climate and culture of inclusion throughout the institution and guide strategic planning and implementation on behalf of the university.
- Integrate the university’s statewide network of research, Extension and instructional centers and ensure the fulfillment of the university’s role in the state of Idaho, the nation and the world.
- Coordinate the activities of the vice presidents and other members of the executive leadership to support the mission of the university.
- Work closely with the vice president for Finance and deans in budget planning, fiscal accountability, general policy development and human resources.
- With the vice president for Research and Economic Development, advance the university’s research agenda and establish partnerships with ongoing and emerging businesses and industries to bring a research and/or creative experience to undergraduate and graduate education throughout the university.
- Promote the university in outreach and engagement with stakeholders and constituents throughout the state.
- Encourage and support a healthy climate and culture of inclusion and participation by fostering open communications through regular dialogue with faculty, staff and students.
- Oversee the faculty personnel system and faculty development program, including promotion and tenure
- Foster and maintain constructive working relationships with the academic officers of other universities and colleges within Idaho, the Board of Regents/State Board of Education and the Board Office.
- Academic Colleges/Graduate College
- University Libraries
- Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho (WWAMI) Medical Education Program
- University of Idaho Centers (Boise, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Falls)
- Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives
- Vice Provost and Dean of Student Affairs
- Vice Provost for Faculty
- Vice Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management
- Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation Office
See the university organizational chart for more details.
Vandal Ideas Project
The Vandal Ideas Project (VIP) is a competitive university-wide grant program to stimulate bold new ideas that support our strategic goals.
Talks with Torrey
Awards for Excellence recognizes and encourages excellence in all forms at the academic level.