Anonymous Reporting Hotline
We are very fortunate at University of Idaho to have a highly dedicated faculty and staff, strongly committed to high ethical standards and responsible management of the public’s resources, with which we are entrusted. We deserve and value our excellent reputation and work hard to protect it. In order to continue to merit the public’s confidence, we must work individually and collectively to uphold our high standards. One of the continuing challenges here, as in other large, complex and decentralized organizations, is the occasional occurrence of unethical, illegal or unsafe conduct in the workplace.
Unethical, illegal or unsafe acts can have serious consequences for the university and its employees, including financial losses, legal liability, reduced morale and diminished public trust. Each employee shares the responsibility for preventing these effects by averting the causes.
To this end, we subscribe to a hotline reporting service to provide each member of our university community with the opportunity and means to convey any matter that could compromise the university’s ability to achieve its objectives. Any member of the university community, including employees, students and community members, may utilize the hotline to make an anonymous report.
Any allegations of illegal behavior or policy violations may be reported to the hotline. Reportable activities of special concern include fraud, conflicts of interest, waste and misuse of university resources, as well as allegations of improper discrimination or harassment, and other policy violations which impact the well-being of individuals within our community and our stewardship responsibilities.
Together, we can make a difference, so we ask you to help ensure the university continues to operate under the highest ethical standards and principles. Thank you for your support of this important matter.
This page summarizes the types of issues that you may choose to report and provides information about how to report issues to the hotline by telephone or web.
How to File a Report
You can make an anonymous report online or by phone.
File Report Online
After processing the report, Navex Global will provide information to designated university representatives for action. Reports are handled promptly and discreetly.
File a Report by Phone
Call toll-free 800-775-1056 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Things to Report
- Irregular accounting practices or accounting entries.
- Destruction of financial records.
- Fraudulent or intentionally-misleading financial reports.
- Theft of cash, checks, supplies, property or other university assets.
- Making a disbursement from university funds for personal benefit; misuse of a P-card for personal purchases.
- Misuse of university property, equipment or resources for personal use or financial benefit.
- Reports of discrimination, potential violations of policies and procedures, potential violations of laws and regulations.
- Conflicts of interest, any other ethics or compliance issues.
- Cybersecurity concerns.
- Any other violation of university policy or state or federal laws.
Other Reporting Options
- Office of Civil Rights and Investigations (OCRI)
- Title IX Sexual Misconduct
- Title IX Formal Complaint
- Protected Class Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation
Make a Difference
University employees should report concerns about known or suspected illegal, unethical and irresponsible acts. It is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent these acts. You can make a difference by speaking up. Reports to the hotline must be made in good faith. Idaho Code 6-2104 provides protection to public employees who, in good faith, communicate the existence of waste of public funds, property or manpower, or a violation of law or suspected violation of law, rule or regulation adopted under the law of Idaho or a subdivision of the State of Idaho.