Shrimp basil prosciutto bundles
- 1 pound large U-15 shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 15 basil leaves
In a bowl, gently combine the shrimp, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic and salt then marinate for 5 minutes.
Cut the prosciutto into strips, 6 inches long by 1-1/2 inches wide. Lay out each prosciutto strip and top with a basil leaf. Place the shrimp at one end and roll up so each shrimp is wrapped in the prosciutto and basil. Insert a toothpick through the shrimp to hold together. Repeat with the remaining prosciutto, basil leaves and shrimp.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Coat the grill or a metal grill basket with nonstick cooking spray. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the shrimp bundles 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 Servings
Safe Handling Tips
- Purchase seafood right before checking out at the supermarket
- If seafood will not be refrigerated within 30 minutes, put it in a cooler
- Use seafood within 36 hours of purchase or freeze immediately
- Use defrosted seafood within 36 hours
- Thaw frozen seafood in the refrigerator — never at room temperature
- Allow one day for seafood to defrost in refrigerator
- Always wash hands before and after handling seafood
- Use separate knives and cutting boards
- For more tips on selecting, buying, handling, storing and cooking seafood