Maine lobster club sandwich
- 4 cups Maine lobster meat, cooked, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon lobster roe, cooked
- 1/4 cup celery, peeled, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon mayonnaise
- 24 slices whole grain or country style bread
- 4 cups baby arugula
- heirloom tomatoes, sliced 4 each
- 24 slices Applewood smoked bacon, cooked
- avocado, sliced 2 each
Combine the Maine lobster meat, cooked Maine lobster roe, celery, green onions, and parsley in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the lemon mayonnaise. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Toast the bread. Generously spread 1 side of each piece of bread with lemon mayonnaise. Top 1 slice of bread with the arugula, 2 slices of tomatoes and bacon. Place a toasted piece of bread on top. Place the avocado slices and Maine lobster mixture on top. Place the other piece of toast on top, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 pieces.
Place on the plate with the sandwich open about 30 degrees so the guest can see the filling.
Yield: 8 servings
Safe Handling Tips
- Purchase seafood right before checking out at the supermarket
- If seafood will not be refrigerated within 30 minutes, put it in a cooler
- Use seafood within 36 hours of purchase or freeze immediately
- Use defrosted seafood within 36 hours
- Thaw frozen seafood in the refrigerator — never at room temperature
- Allow one day for seafood to defrost in refrigerator
- Always wash hands before and after handling seafood
- Use separate knives and cutting boards
- For more tips on selecting, buying, handling, storing and cooking seafood