Linguine con vongole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 pounds cockles, soaked in salt water and scrubbed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound linguini
- kosher salt
Bring one gallon of water to boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt. Add pasta and cook 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook one minute.
Add cockles and white wine. Cook covered until cockles open, about 5 minutes. Discard any cockles that do not open.
Remove cover, Add red pepper flakes, butter and parsley. Drain pasta and toss with cockles. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Yield: 4 servings
Safe Handling Tips
- Purchase seafood right before checking out at the supermarket
- If seafood will not be refrigerated within 30 minutes, put it in a cooler
- Use seafood within 36 hours of purchase or freeze immediately
- Use defrosted seafood within 36 hours
- Thaw frozen seafood in the refrigerator — never at room temperature
- Allow one day for seafood to defrost in refrigerator
- Always wash hands before and after handling seafood
- Use separate knives and cutting boards
- For more tips on selecting, buying, handling, storing and cooking seafood