Lesson 2 — What Are the Hazards to Safe Food?
The goal is to understand the three types of food hazards and how to keep them out of foods.
- Identify the three categories of food hazards, and describe how to prevent them from entering foods.
- Describe the characteristics of microorganisms that are relevant to serving safe food.
- Identify the elements needed for bacterial growth.
- Describe potentially hazardous foods, also known as foods that require time and temperature control for safety.
The PowerPoint below contains an audio files, please enable content in order for the audio to play.
- PowerPoint slides (zip) extract file onto your hard drive
- Item(s) for preparing activities
- Five bags of beans for "Calculate Bacterial Growth"
- Calculate bacterial growth bag labels (pdf)
- Student fill-in notes and answer key | Teacher only