Lesson 1 — Why is Food Safety Important? Where Do the Rules Come From?
The goal is to understand the magnitude and the potentially serious nature of foodborne illness in the United States, and the source of food safety rules for Idaho food service establishments.
- Describe the extent and cause of foodborne illness in the U.S.
- Understand the cost of foodborne illness.
- Identify the documents that regulate food safety in Idaho, and explain how they are enforced.
- Describe the responsibilities of food service employees in preventing foodborne illness.
The PowerPoint below contains an audio file, please enable content in order for the audio to play.
- PowerPoint slides (zip) extract file onto your hard drive
- Activity handouts
- Student fill-in notes and answer key | Teacher only