University of Idaho Extension, Bingham County
412 W Pacific St
Blackfoot, ID 83221-2063
Programming efforts focus on beef cattle production with an emphasis on preparing cattle for the feed yard through preconditioning, beef quality assurance and general livestock production practices for 4-H youth.
M.S., University of Idaho, 2014
B.S., University of Idaho, 2011
A.A.S., Blue Mountain Community College, 2008
- Livestock (cattle)
- 4-H Livestock projects
- Preconditioning beef calves
- Beef Quality Assurance
- Preparing the next generation of the cattle industry
- Eastern Idaho swine camp provides youth with hands-on experience
- Livestock day camps increase industry understanding
- 2017 Idaho Young Cattle Producer Conference
- Meat quality camps help youth understand eating quality of livestock products
- Beef producers in eastern Idaho learn new management practices
- Workshop teaches consumers why beef should be what’s for dinner
- Bingham County collaborates to host range and pasture seminar for producers
Meranda Small was raised on a family farm in Grangeville, Idaho, where her family still resides and farms wheat. During her schooling at University of Idaho she worked as a research assistant on several livestock focused studies. While finishing her master's, she was selected for an extended internship position with Agri Beef Co. before accepting a position with UI Extension. She now works in Bingham County, where her focus is on beef production education for producers as well as livestock education for youth in 4-H.
- Small, M., R. Findlay and S. Nash. Award for Excellence in Animal Science Programming, National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Regional Winner, 2018.