Extension Educator, Horticulture/Agriculture
University of Idaho Extension, Bonneville County
1542 E, 73rd S.
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Ron has extensive experience in horticulture and agriculture, with emphasis in weed control, and beneficial and pest insects.
- Weed control
- Biological diversity
- Vegetable production
- Cereal crop production
- 4-H youth development
- How to Control Weds: Musk Thistle. YouTube video.
- How to Control Puncturevine, YouTube video.
- How to Plant Raspberries. YouTube video.
- Year-round control of Russian olive using the cut-stump treatment. Journal of the National Association County Agricultural Agents, 11(1).
- Beneficial Insects: Minute Pirate Bug. Logan Utah: Utah State University Extension. ENT-188-17PR.
- A High Tunnel for Strong Winds and Space Utility. Utah State University Extension Publications. Horticulture/High Tunnels/2014-02pr.
- Aphid Natural Enemies and biological Control. Utah State University Extension. ENT-180-16.
- Small Acreage Low Flow (Micro or Drip) Irrigation System Design and Installation. Utah State University Extension Publications.
Ron was born and raised in eastern Idaho. He has been a livestock nutritionist, farmer, sheep producer, horticulturist, high school agriculture teacher and a farm business management teacher. He started his Extension career in Utah, and finally found his way back home to eastern Idaho.
- ESP Distinguished Team Award — Discover 4-H Curriculum, 2017.
- NACAA Communication Award — Video Presentation, How to Kill Russian Olive Trees, National Finalist — National Association of County Agricultural Agents, 2014.