Extension Educator — Family and Consumer Sciences & 4-H
University of Idaho Extension, Boundary County
6447 Kootenai Street
PO Box 267
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
Amy provides a variety of workshops, classes and other learning opportunities in food safety, nutrition and healthy living. She also organizes and implements 4-H youth development events for local youth.
M.S., University of Idaho, 2014
B.S., University of Idaho, 2007
- FCS 475: Food Preservation and Safety
- Food safety and food preservation
- Health and nutrition
- Basic financial management
- 4-H youth development
- Robertson, A., S. Greenway, B. Hutchings. 2019. Cooking Under Pressure: Train-the-Trainer Webinar for Extension Professionals. Journal of National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences. https://www.neafcs.org/assets/documents/journal/2019-jneafcs/2019-JNEAFCS-FINAL-Web.pdf.
- Buck, J., L. Sant, and A. Robertson, 2020. Making Jerky at Home Safely, Pacific Northwest Extension, PNW #632. https://www.extension.uidaho.edu/publishing/pdf/PNW/PNW0632.pdf.
- Home preservers learn safe canning practices in northern Idaho
- Youth quality assurance trainings benefit 4-H and FFA members
- Preparing meals at home with hands-on cooking under pressure workshops
- Extension offers train-the-trainer webinar educating professionals throughout nation
- Youth cooking program builds knowledge and instills confidence in participants
Amy Robertson is a University of Idaho Extension educator specializing in family and consumer sciences and 4-H youth development. She joined UI Extension in April 2015. Robertson provides a variety of workshops, classes and other learning opportunities in food safety, nutrition and healthy living. She also organizes and implements 4-H and youth development events for local youth. She has a bachelor's in child development/family relations from the University of Idaho and a master's in family and consumer sciences from the University of Idaho. When she's not working, she enjoys spending time with her family on their farm.
- Master Family & Consumer Sciences Volunteer Program Award, National Winner, National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, 2020
- Achievement in Service Award, National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, 2019
- Florence Hall Award. National 3rd Place Award. National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, 2019
- Innovation in Programming Award. National 3rd Place Award. National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, 2019
- Curriculum vitae pdf