Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
University of Idaho Extension, Ada County
5880 Glenwood Street
Boise, ID 83714
Sendy Martinez works in Ada County as the 4-H Extension educator. Her responsibilities include 4-H youth development programming for underserved and minority audiences in both Ada County and Canyon County.
B.S., Boise State University, 2014
- 4-H youth development
- Health and nutrition
- Food safety and food preservation
- Southern district 4-H volunteer training provides practical skill development
- Preparing meals at home with hands-on cooking under pressure workshops
- Youth cooking program builds knowledge and instills confidence in participants
Sendy Martinez is an associate Extension educator in 4-H for the University of Idaho Extension 4-H Youth Development. She covers 4-H programming for underserved and minority audiences in Ada County and Canyon County. Sendy's focuses include STEM, healthy living and post-secondary education. She has a Bachelor of Science in health education and promotion from Boise State University.
- Hansen, L. S. Greenway, A. Robertson, B. Hutchings, J. Buck, and S. Martinez. Excellence in Healthy Living Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth. Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, State Winner, 2020.
- Greenway, S., A. Robertson, B. Morrisroe-Aman, J. Peutz, S. Martinez, N. Telford. Master Family & Consumer Sciences Volunteer Program Award — Idaho Master Food Safety Advisor Program. National 1st Place Award. National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences, 2020.
- Hansen, L. S. Greenway, A. Robertson, B. Hutchings, J. Buck, and S. Martinez. Innovative Youth Development Programming Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Second Place Western Regional Winner, 2020.
- Morrisroe-Aman, B., J. Amende, G. Manker, J. Peutz, S. Martinez, B. Hutchings. Distinguished Team Award, Epsilon Sigma Phi, Chapter Winner, 2020.
- Hutchings B., A. Robertson, S. Greenway, J. Peutz, J. Buck, B. Morrisroe-Aman, S. Martinez, A. Burchak. Innovation in Programming Award — Cooking Under Pressure. National 3rd Place Award and Western Region 1st Place Award. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2019.