Regional 4-H Youth Development Educator
UI Extension, Power County
University of Idaho Extension, Power County
500 Pocatello Ave.
American Falls, ID 83211
Scott joined the University of Idaho in 1995. He is a regional youth development educator providing 4-H leadership in 14 eastern Idaho counties and statewide leadership in 4-H animal science.
M.A., Texas A&M University, 1994
B.S., Brigham Young University, 1982
A.S., Snow College, 1980
- 4-H animal science
- 4-H youth leadership
- Livestock judging
- Beef cattle
- Nash, S.A., S.D. Baker, N. Dalton, S.N. Harrison, E.T. Jefferies, S. Jensen, C. Kinder, R. Ruiz, M. Small, G. Silkwood, S. Williams and J. Wilson. 2019. University of Idaho 4-H Animal Science Lesson Plans, Level. PNW 726.
- Nash, S.A., D.A. Sanchez, J.H. Packham, S.N. Harrison, J.J. Jensen, M. King, and B.L. Kaysen. Livestock Judges' Training Provides Hands-on Experience, Journal of Extension, Volume 54. Number 4, Article 4IAW6.
- Cummins, M.M. and S.A. Nash. October 2014 Urban Youth Develop Life Skills Raising Livestock. Journal of Extension, Volume 52. Number 5, Article 5IAW7.
- Kinder, C.A., B. Glaze, J. Church, S.A. Nash, S. Jensen and S. Williams. 2008. Idaho Youth Beef Quality Assurance Program manual. PNW 593.
- Nash, S.A. August 2007. Ultrasound technology helps youth raise industry-acceptable market animals. Journal of Extension. Volume 45, Number 4, Article 3RIB4.
- Nash, S.A. and L. Sant. April 2005. Life-skill development found in 4-H animal judging. Journal of Extension. Volume 43, Number 2, Article 2RIB5
- Livestock day camps increase industry understanding
- New ideas for established 4-H livestock committees
- Youth demonstrate knowledge of animal science at statewide Livestock Skill-a-thon
- Teamwork provides camping success for international 4-H youth
- Workshop teaches consumers why beef should be what’s for dinner
- Quality curriculum counts
Scott joined the University of Idaho in 1995. He is a regional youth development educator providing 4-H leadership in 14 eastern Idaho counties as well as statewide leadership in 4-H animal science. He was the Extension educator in Bingham and Bannock counties prior to his regional appointment. Scott and his wife Janet have three children and seven granddaughters. His family was recognized as an Idaho 4-H Century family.
- Excellence in 4-H Club Support. Nash, S.A., A.K. Ruth, T. Ewers. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region and State Winner, 2019.
- Excellence in Animal Science Programming. Nash, S.A., M.H. Small, R.R. Findlay. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region and State Winner, 2018.
- Excellence in Educational Technology. Nash, S.A., D. Davenport, S. Dolecheck, D. Gillespie, C. Kinder, J. Lindstrom and G. Silkwood. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region Winner and State Winner, 2016.
- Distinguished Service Team. Dolecheck, S., G. Silkwood, S.A. Nash, D.R. Gillespie, C. Kinder, C. Stark. National Epsilon Sigma Phi. Western Region Winner, 2015.
- R.W. Schermerhorn Outstanding Extension Faculty Award. Nash, S.A. and M.M. Cummins. University of Idaho Extension Annual Conference, 2014.
- Nash, S.A. Meritorious Service Award, National Winner, State Winner, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Agents, 2011.
- Learning Module Award. Glaze, B., S.A. Nash, J. Church, C. Kinder, S. Jensen and S. Williams. National Association of County Agricultural Agents, National Finalist, Regional Winner, State Winner, 2006.
- Excellence in Teamwork Award. Ward, A., S. Nash, S. Harrison, D. Sanchez (Wyoming), J. Jensen (Utah), J. Packham, R. Panting, R. Jacobsen (Utah), D. ZoBell (Utah) and
- B. Bowman (Utah). Joint Council of Extension Professionals, National Winner, 2005.
- Nash, S.A. Distinguished Service Award, National Winner, State Winner, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Agents, 2004.
- Power of Youth Award. Craig, M.J., S.A. Nash, A. Ward, L. Dees, R. Brooks, M. Lowder, K. Laughlin and M. Pike. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, National
- Winner, Western Region Winner, State Winner, 2003.
- Nash, S.A. Achievement in Service Award, National Winner, State Winner, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Agents,1999.