Regional 4-H Youth Development Educator
UI Extension, Power County
University of Idaho Extension, Power County
500 Pocatello Ave.
American Falls, ID 83211
Scott provides 4-H leadership in 14 eastern Idaho counties as well as statewide leadership in 4-H animal science.
M.A., Texas A&M University, 1994
B.S., Brigham Young University, 1982
A.S., Snow College, 1980
- 4-H animal science
- 4-H youth leadership
- Livestock judging
- Beef cattle
- Nash, S.A.2021. 4-H Cattle Clipping. University of Idaho Educational Video. EVS 028.
- Ewers, T., S.A. Nash, A.K. Ruth, J. Piatskowsi. Lesson Plan Helps Volunteers Improving Learning Among 4-H Youth in Animal Projects. June 2020, Volume 58, 3RB3.
- Nash, S.A., S.D. Baker, N. Dalton, S.N. Harrison, E.T. Jefferies, S. Jensen, C. Kinder, R. Ruiz, M. Small, G. Silkwood, S. Williams and J. Wilson. 2019. University of Idaho 4-H Animal Science Lesson Plans, Level. PNW 726.
- Nash, S.A., D.A. Sanchez, J.H. Packham, S.N. Harrison, J.J. Jensen, M. King, and B.L. Kaysen. Livestock Judges' Training Provides Hands-on Experience, Journal of Extension, Volume 54. Number 4, Article 4IAW6.
- Cummins, M.M. and S.A. Nash. October 2014 Urban Youth Develop Life Skills Raising Livestock. Journal of Extension, Volume 52. Number 5, Article 5IAW7.
- Kinder, C.A., B. Glaze, J. Church, S.A. Nash, S. Jensen and S. Williams. 2008. Idaho Youth Beef Quality Assurance Program manual. PNW 593.
- Nash, S.A. August 2007. Ultrasound technology helps youth raise industry-acceptable market animals. Journal of Extension. Volume 45, Number 4, Article 3RIB4.
- Nash, S.A. and L. Sant. April 2005. Life-skill development found in 4-H animal judging. Journal of Extension. Volume 43, Number 2, Article 2RIB5
- New 4-H staff orientation guide provides foundation for quality programming
- Livestock day camps increase industry understanding
- New ideas for established 4-H livestock committees
- Youth demonstrate knowledge of animal science at statewide Livestock Skill-a-thon
- Teamwork provides camping success for international 4-H youth
- Workshop teaches consumers why beef should be what’s for dinner
- Quality curriculum counts
Scott is a tenured full professor in his 27th year with University of Idaho Extension. He served 20 years as a county educator where he managed a 4-H program with over 4,800 youth. Currently, Scott is a member of the state 4-H staff serving as 4-H youth development regional educator, providing 4-H leadership and communication in 14 counties. His state responsibilities include all 4-H animal science projects and education. He is a 27-year member of NAE4-HYDP. He just completed his term as national president and is now serving as immediate past-president. He is currently serving on the National JCEP Board as well. Scott also served NAE4-HYDP as a regional director, vice president of Finance and Operations and as the 2020 conference co-chair.
Scott and his wife Janet have been married for 40 years and were 4-H volunteers for 20 years. Their three children participated in 4-H livestock projects. His family was recognized as an Idaho 4-H Century Family. He and his wife have seven granddaughters, the five oldest are currently 4-H members.
- Outstanding Achievement in Exhibit. Nash, S.A., A.K. Ruth, J. Hogge. National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals, Western Region and State Winner, 2021
- Excellence in Volunteerism. Nash, S.A., A.K. Ruth, T. Ewers. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region and State Winner, 2020
- Excellence in 4-H Club Support. Nash, S.A., A.K. Ruth, T. Ewers. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region and State Winner, 2019
- Excellence in Animal Science Programming. Nash, S.A., M.H. Small, R.R. Findlay. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region and State Winner, 2018
- Excellence in Educational Technology. Nash, S.A., D. Davenport, S. Dolecheck, D. Gillespie, C. Kinder, J. Lindstrom and G. Silkwood. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents. Western Region Winner and State Winner, 2016
- Distinguished Service Team. Dolecheck, S., G. Silkwood, S.A. Nash, D.R. Gillespie, C. Kinder, C. Stark. National Epsilon Sigma Phi. Western Region Winner, 2015
- R.W. Schermerhorn Outstanding Extension Faculty Award. Nash, S.A. and M.M. Cummins. University of Idaho Extension Annual Conference, 2014
- Nash, S.A. Meritorious Service Award, National Winner, State Winner, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Agents, 2011
- Learning Module Award. Glaze, B., S.A. Nash, J. Church, C. Kinder, S. Jensen and S. Williams. National Association of County Agricultural Agents, National Finalist, Regional Winner, State Winner, 2006
- Excellence in Teamwork Award. Ward, A., S. Nash, S. Harrison, D. Sanchez (Wyoming), J. Jensen (Utah), J. Packham, R. Panting, R. Jacobsen (Utah), D. ZoBell (Utah) and
- B. Bowman (Utah). Joint Council of Extension Professionals, National Winner, 2005
- Nash, S.A. Distinguished Service Award, National Winner, State Winner, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Agents, 2004
- Power of Youth Award. Craig, M.J., S.A. Nash, A. Ward, L. Dees, R. Brooks, M. Lowder, K. Laughlin and M. Pike. National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, National Winner, Western Region Winner, State Winner, 2003
- Nash, S.A. Achievement in Service Award, National Winner, State Winner, Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Agents,1999