Extension Educator — Family and Consumer Sciences
238 8th Avenue West, Marsing, ID
University of Idaho Extension, Owyhee County
PO Box 400
Marsing, ID 83639
Surine is a University of Idaho alum who enjoys working for the University of Idaho while working with consumers throughout Owyhee County and the southern region of Idaho.
- M.S., adult organizational learning & leadership, University of Idaho, 2013
- B.S., family and consumer sciences — family life option, University of Idaho, 2009
- B.A., foreign language — Spanish, University of Idaho, 2009
- Food safety and food preservation
- Basic financial management
- Health and nutrition
- 4-H youth development
- Greenway, S., K. Richel, N. Porter, 2016. Replacing Lost or Damaged Documents. University of Idaho Extension. BUL 903, University of Idaho Extension. BUL 903-S (Spanish version).
- Abo, B., J. Bevan, S. Greenway, B. Healy, S. McCurdy, J. Peutz, G. Wittman, 2014. Making Garlic- and Herb-Infused Oils at Home. Pacific Northwest Extension, PNW 664.
- Wright, I., S. Safaii, M. Raidl, J. Buck, M. Spencer, L. Sant, R. Lanting, S. Greenway, E. Nagel, J. Peutz, and N. Deringer. Effectiveness of the Healthy Diabetes Plate and Social Media Project, Journal of Nutrition and Health, Volume 1, Issue 2, November 2015. Available from: http://www.avensonline.org/wp-content/uploads/JNH-2469-4185-01-0007.pdf.
- Abo, B., J. Bevan, S. Greenway, B. Healy, S. McCurdy, J. Peutz, G.Wittman, 2014. Acidification of Garlic and Herbs for Consumer Preparation of Infused Oils. Food Protection Trends. 34(4):247-257.
Surine Greenway is an assistant professor for University of Idaho Extension and programs in family and consumer sciences in Owyhee County. Her emphasis is in food safety (and food preservation), health and nutrition, and finance. She has a Bachelor of Science in family and consumer sciences and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, both from the University of Idaho. Surine has a master's degree in adult, organizational learning and leadership, also from the University of Idaho. Surine works collaboratively to financially educate the clientele in her county and district, with her primary emphasis working with youth.
- Sant, L., J. Peutz, G. Wittman, J. Buck, S. Greenway. Food Safety Award — Preserve@Home. Idaho 1st Place, Western Region 1st Place and National 1st Place Award. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Idaho Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) scholarship to present and attend 2016
- Toomey, M., S. Johnson, J. Peutz, R. Lanting, J. Buck, D. Gillespie, G. Wittman, S. Greenway, L. Vega, University of Idaho Extension Diversity Award, 4-H Food Smart Families, April.
- Peutz, J., B. Abo, J. Bevan, S. Greenway, B. Healy, S. McCurdy, and G. Wittman. Communications: Educational Publications Award. Idaho 1st Place, Western Region 1st Place, and National 2nd Place Award. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Greenway, S., K. Splane, M. Toomey, J. Peutz, G. Wittman, R. Lanting. 4-H Food Smart Families Program: Implementation in Two States Diverse Settings. Top Ten Poster Session, Epsilon Sigma Phi National Conference. Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Lockard, M., B. Abo, J. Peutz, S. Greenway. Community Partnership Award. Idaho 1st Place, Western Region 1st Place, National 2nd Place Award. National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences.