B.S. Chemical Engineering
Transforming Materials into Products
Chemical engineers play a crucial role in the production of products that are efficient, high-quality, environmentally safe and improve society. In this program, you will study and analyze the fundamentals of industrial chemical processes that transform raw materials into useful products. The program offers opportunities to design and conduct experiments using modern lab equipment for chemical spectroscopy and separations, surface science and analysis, and more.
- Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
- Polymers and Plastics
- Food and Chemical Processing
- Pulp and Paper
- Packaging and Formulation
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 92% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho.
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
Weather Under an Eclipse
Students Record Gravity Waves Using Weather Balloons