Ahmed A. Ibrahim, Ph.D., P.E.
Ahmed A. Ibrahim, Ph.D., P.E.
Civil & Environmental Engineering
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 1022
Moscow, ID 83844-1022
- Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia, 2010
- M.S., Zagazig University, Egypt, 2005
- B.S., Zagazig University Egypt, 2000
- Non-linear behavior and modeling of reinforced and prestressed concrete elements
- Mechanistic damage modeling of reinforced concrete elements under blast loading
- Experimental testing of reinforced concrete members
- Field testing of highway bridges
- Application of advanced materials in strengthening of structures
Ahmed Ibrahim is an assistant professor in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. He received his doctorate in civil/structural engineering from the University of Missouri–Columbia. His research involves blast resistant design, experimental testing and numerical analysis of structural elements, and the performance and strengthening of reinforced and prestressed concrete bridges. His research has been funded from many state DOTs and presented in several articles published in journals and conference proceedings. Ibrahim is registered as a professional engineer and his experience includes more than 12 years in industry and academia. His industrial experiences are mainly focused in structural analysis and design of buildings and bridges. He is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the American Concrete Institute (ACI).
- Ibrahim A., and Salim H., “Damage Model of Reinforced Concrete Slabs under Near-Field Blast.” International Journal of Protective Structures – Volume 2 · Number 3 (2011), pp.315-332. DOI: 10.1260/2041-4188.8.131.525.
- Ibrahim A., Salim H., and Shehab El-din H., “Moment Coefficients for Design of Waffle Slabs with and without Openings.” Engineering Structures, Vol. 33 (2011), pp. 2644–2652. DOI:10.1016/j.engstruct.2011.05.012.
- Ibrahim A., and Salim, H. (2012) “Strengthening of Concrete Box Girder Bridges under Close-in Detonations”, Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture. June 2012, Volume 6, No. 6, pp. 699–706. ISSN 1934-7359.
- Ibrahim A., and Salim H. (2012), “Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Bridges under Close-In Detonations”, ASCE journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol. 27, No.6. pp.:774-784. DOI: 10.1061/ (ASCE) CF.1943-5509.0000360.
- Ibrahim A., and Mahmoud E. (2013), “Macroscopic Compressive Strength of High-Strength Self-Consolidating Concrete with High Volume of Cementitious Materials Based on Real Digital Images” Construction and Building Materials, 38, pp.1161-1169., DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2012.09.066.
- Ibrahim, A., and El-Chabib H., (2013), “Durability of High Strength Self Consolidating Concrete Using High Volume of Supplementary Cementitious Materials, Innovation of Concrete Construction, Jalandhar, India.
- Ibrahim A., El-Chabib H, and, Eisa A, (2013), “Mechanical and Fresh Properties of Ultra-Strength Flowable Concrete made with High Volumes of Supplementary Cementitious Materials, Fifth North American Conference on the Design and Use of Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC2013), Chicago, IL.
- El-Chabib H., and, Ibrahim A., (2013), “The Behavior of High-Strength Self-Consolidating Concrete Made with High Volume of Supplementary Cementitious Materials in Hot Weather, Fifth North American Conference on the Design and Use of Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC2013), Chicago, IL.
- Khodair, Y., and Ibrahim, A., (2013),” Seismic Analysis of Integral Abutment Bridges Considering Soil Structures interaction”, ASCE Structures Congress, Pittsburgh, PA.
- D. Richardson, Y. Tung, A. Ibrahim, and R. Hindi, (2014), Shrinkage and Durability of Concrete Bridge Decks Using Different Cements “The 7th International Conference on Bridge Maintenance, Safety and Management (IABMAS 2014), Shanghai, China.
- Portland Cement Concrete Material Characterization for Pavement ME Design Implementation in Idaho, Idaho Transportation Department (ITD), (Jan. 2016- July 2017).
- Effectiveness of Exterior Beam Rotation Prevention Systems for Bridge Deck Construction, Illinois Center of Transportation (ICT; R27-140), (2014-2016).
- Structural Investigation of the Missouri Approach to the Poplar Street Bridge, Missouri Department of Transportation (MODOT), (2013-2014).
- Behavior of Development of Concrete Pavement using Ground Recycled Glass, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis University, (2014-2015).
- Experimental Investigation of Self-Consolidating Concrete with High Volume of Cementitious Materials under Elevated Temperature. College of Engineering, Bradley University, (2011-2012).
- Pervious Concrete for Sustainability, Caterpillar Fellowship Award for Research, College of Engineering, Bradley University, (2010-2011).
- Assessment of Posttensioned Box Girder Bridges subjected to Close-in Detonations. California Department of Transportation, (2007-2010).
- Interdisciplinary Faculty Research Award, Bradley University, 2011.
- International engagement award and outstanding student Contribution for Internationalizing the University of Missouri – Columbia, MO, April 2010.
- Missouri House of Representative Award, April 2010.
- University of Missouri Graduate School Fellowship, 2007 to 2009.
- Graduate with Honor, the College of Engineering, Zagazig University, Egypt.
- Voting member of ACI 555 (Concrete with Recycled Materials) Committee
- Member of the ASCE Blast, Shock, and Impact Committee
- Member of the Civil & Environmental Engineering Department Curriculum Committee
- Advising undergraduate/graduate students at the Civil & Environmental Engineering Department.
- Served for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Reviewer for many technical journals such as the ASCE materials in Civil Engineering, Engineering Structures and Construction and Building Materials.